• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

In The Flesh (BBC Zombie mini-series)

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In The Flesh is a BBC produced mini-series that has just concluded in the UK.

In short, this is set sort of post-zombie-apocalypse, where now, zombies (or rotters) can be treated with a drug that restores their higher brain functions and effectively returns them to normal(now seen as sufferers of Partially Deceased Syndrome(PDS)). After some amount of counselling, they are returned to their families, complete with makeup and contact lenses to 'fit in'.

This doesn't sit well with smaller communities and particularly the HVF (Human Volunteer Force), who eradicated the threat to begin with .

Whilst I slightly mourned the loss of the British version of Being Human(Although to be fair, this declined after about the 2/3 seasons), this 3 episode slot replacement was more than I could have asked for. With well-realised, developed characters and an intriguing plot - this series is an interesting and fresh take on the zombie genre. The totally desaturated look, combined with all elements of isolation, prejudice, religious intolerance, discrimination and mob rules mentality made this a great watch. Whilst our central protagonist himself is a zombie, brain eatin', mindless slumbering is not the central running theme here. In fact, those particular 'wild' zombies are actually more functional it would seem.

It was left very open ended - one hopes that the BBC will follow this up with a full series, I totally receommend this to anyone.

More viral clips that I didn't even realise the BBC had done :

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's also got Kenneth Cranham in it which can't be bad. Ta for the heads up as I saw the trailers but wasn't sure it would actually be any good. Looks like I'm going to be taking a break from my Breaking Bad rerun.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like an iPlayer job. This sounds quite interesting, and could be enjoyable.

Top Bottom