• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Star Wars to be adapted

That's an excellent idea! I've been thinking someone should do something like that for a while now myself.

I guess Dark Horse's contract doesn't run out in December of this year, as has been previously reported, if they're launching an 8-issue comic in September that likely won't wrap up until April '14.

Cool, this sounds pretty badass!

Hopefully this is a sign that SW comics will continue outside of Disney.

That's a relief to read. Initial rumors had claimed that Disney was going to refuse to renew the Dark Horse contract after the end of 2013 but weren't going to start publishing Marvel comics until 2015. Based on their abrupt cancellations of many other projects, this actually seemed plausible. So I'm glad that Dark Horse will stay with the license for at least a bit longer.

That being said, I wouldn't actually mind a Marvel STAR WARS title that would launch in 2015 with an adaptation of Ep. VII. :)

Doesn't seem to be on amazon yet, maybe I'll have to wait until it comes out as an omnibus or something.

Rogue-theX said:
Doesn't seem to be on amazon yet, maybe I'll have to wait until it comes out as an omnibus or something.

Yup indeed it isn't on Amazon yet, only the first issue has been released on standard 32 page comic format (what some folks call floppy nowadays) and I think that this is going to be published over 7 or 8 monthly issues.... collected stories usually come around a month or two after the whole story has been published in single issues, so we are some 8 to 9 months away from a collected edition.

If you are not up for buying single issues at a comic shop Rogue, perhaps while you wait for the collected printed version you'd care to catch the issues digitally - https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/3662.star-wars-1-nick-runge-cover/

Thanks havok! I won't buy 'em digitally but it's nice to have previews ;)

The first issue was interesting to say the least.

The Jedi-Bendu were the personal bodyguards for the Emperor for 100,000 years until they 'rebelled' at some stage and the former regime was restructured into a New Empire. The Knights of the Sith have hunted down and eliminated almost all the Jedi.

So far so good right?

Now, Alderaan is a city floating around a gas giant and is the seat of the New Empire; Luke Skywalker is a seasoned Jedi and military man in his 50s who serves as the appointed protector of Aquilae, the last independent system in the Galaxy; which the Emperor, a lean and imposing man has his sights on conquering despite ongoing peace negotiations.

Aquilonian (?) spy Clieg Whitsun is on Alderaan when the Emperor gives a public speech announcing his intentions to his military force and ministers, and rushes to meet the trader Bail Antilles looking for transport home to warn King Kayos of the imminent invasion.

Darth Vader is the Emperor's most trusted general, an imposing man and decidedly non cybernetic man that quickly dismisses any notion that the Jedi Bendu still exist.

In the middle of all this Kane Starkiller and his sons Annikin and Deak are attacked by a Knight of the Sith while living in exile on the fourth moon of Utapau in the Kissel system, the outcome is most bittermaking Kane decide to head back to Aquilae and meet his old friend Skywalker to ask Luke to finish Annikin's Jedi training...

Their reunion is interruped with news that a large mass is heading straigtht for Aquilae ... it seems Luke's fears that negotiations with the New Empire were going sideways are quite real...
Overall I found it a fun read, looking for the similarites and the differences was very engaging; we can see the big ideas that made A New Hope such a success mixed with many other elements that were used later in both the original and prequel trilogies.

Im sure more surprises will be forthcoming. As of now Id say this adaptation is well worth reading for any and all OT fans.

Back
Top Bottom