• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman III - Dangermouse Cut

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After a long hiatus Dangermouse is finally back wielding the fanediting scissors.
Spending the Easter weekend sick sucks.
Watching Superman III - the 3 Stooges comedy team featuring RICHARD PRYOR (oh, and Superman occasionally) sucks.

So, I used the day profitably to decrapify / rePRYORitise Superman III. Cool.

Gone is the remarkable unfunny intro - where there's even a PIE IN SOMEONE'S FACE! And Lester, the bastard, makes Superman do it. Gaah. My kids are 7 and 5 and didn't laugh ONCE during the opening sequence.
That's gone.
Gone is all the Gus Gorman unemployed stuff. Now he's just a low level peon with a knack working at Webco.

The film opens directly to the Daily Planet, after a new short opening credit sequence built from the trailer. :)

The "hilarious" drunk break-in scene, and all the scenes of "hilarious" chaos because of Gus messing with the computers - GONE.

Skiing off a skyscraper - and LIVING!!! Gone.

The couple winning the Daily Planet lottery - gone, apart from them as two random tourists in Columbia.

And lots of other tweaks and tucks.

The junkyard fight is sacrosanct, and has not been touched. :)

I also kept nearly all of the COMPUTER scenes intact, apart from the ballooning down. So, yes, the video game Superman is still there. Hey, it's the 80's!

The film is very dated ("computers" oooh) - but that's part of its charm. Enjoy a 80's romp with Superman, this time without the "comedy".
Clocks in at about 90 minutes.
Released in PAL DVD-9.

I expect to release to public in about a week - QA and uploading need to take place first.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moved to In-The-Works until made available.

lukeburrage

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a long flight a few months ago I put this movie on, wanting a bit of nostalgia. The opening comedy sequence was so bad and so unfunny I simply switched it off and didn't get any further. It was just awful. This edit sounds like it's made for me!

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the ideas for this edit! I've always really enjoyed the "evil Superman" scenes in this movie, but shame about all the crap that surrounds 'em...

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a LOT of crap. I had some further edits to make, but left them in because I was getting perilously close to TV episode length!
This edit is ready, just having a few headaches with the DVD authoring (keep getting "unknown error" - fantastically helpful!).
Should be out within the week. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just thinking out loud....

Since this movie is all about computers, too bad there was not some way to rework the story so it some version of Brainiac that Superman is fighting. I suppose one could lift Brainiac audio from TAS?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice :)
By the way, bob, Brainiac was supposed to be the original S3 villain, but they deemed it too dark.
Supergirl was set to make an appearance as well ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Nice :)
By the way, bob, Brainiac was supposed to be the original S3 villain, but they deemed it too dark.
Supergirl was set to make an appearance as well ;)

The road not taken.... :-(

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is finished and uploaded to mega. Submitted to .info.
PAL DVD9 in Stereo, with one deleted scene (when Gus opens his shirt to reveal... nothing. Made me laugh).
Enjoy.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
Edit is finished and uploaded to mega. Submitted to .info.
PAL DVD9 in Stereo, with one deleted scene (when Gus opens his shirt to reveal... nothing. Made me laugh).
Enjoy.

Super! :D

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
276172_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-I-See-What-You-Did-There_1600x1200_reasonably_small.jpg

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So this fanedit is called... Superman III?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
blueyoda said:
So this fanedit is called... Superman III?

IFDB title: Superman III - Dangermouse Cut

Title on artwork - Superman III - Decrapified Edition

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread title updated.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for fixing the title Frink. :)
And yes, this was just called "Superman III" as the first one should have been called "Slapstick! starring Richard Pryor. Also starring Superman"....
But Neg said it had to have another name for IFdb so.... :)

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An early review from Stretch:
Hey,

This was a great edit. I've been a big fan of the first two Reeve movies for a long time. Part three was harder to appreciate because of all the crap Lester put in it. There's only one thing that bothers me and would make this edit even better. Do you think that you or someone else could upgrade this to HD? I'd be fine with just 720p and you shouldn't have a problem upscaling things like the new opening sequence. I have the Blu Ray Anthology of Superman and the PQ is great. Superman III Blu Ray is actually the best PQ of the first three movies.

Anyway, it would be awesome to replace the SMIII BD with your version in HD.

- unfortunately I can't do the HD thing (don't have the hardware), but maybe someone else wants to? Glad that Stretch enjoyed it enough to want to replace his offical BR with it (if it were HD)

Silentpete

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched your edit and really liked it. I thought you made some interesting choices, smart choices, and I found interesting some of the choices that seem to be personal or stylistic.

Top Bottom