• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Abducted:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was a big fan of The Event and really disappointed when it got the axe. I was excited to see this fanedit and had high hopes for it. Overall, I think the edit works if you just kind of sit back, shut off your brain and enjoy the ride. It's a fast paced kidnapping story. Nothing wrong with that.A/V Quality: Audio is great with an excellent 5.1 DD track. Video was great with the exception of two exterior shots of the cruise ship that were much lower quality than the rest of it.Visual editing: Well done. One issue I had, and it's more of a pet peeve than anything, is in the opening credits: "NBC Studio's Present" makes no sense unless the fanedit itself is a present the belongs to the NBC Studio.Audio editing: For the most part well done, but not entirely unnoticeable. There were a couple of odd transitions in the first 15 minutes or so and the final fade out and transition to credits is a little too abrupt and awkward.Narrative: The biggest issue I had with this was the narrative. The viewer never finds out why any of this stuff is happening. Why is it so important to get Walker? As far as we know he's just some normal guy who's good with computers. Why were Sarah's parents murdered? Why was her little sister kidnapped? What happened to her anyway? The entire plot happens with no context, explanation or character motivation. There are three flashback scenes that offer no clues or serve any real narrative purpose. Enjoyment: It's a fun ride. Just don't think about it too much.

More...

Top Bottom