• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Prometheus: Giftbearer:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was the first fanedit I watched for a year or so and I chose this one, because of the good reviews and because the original was quite a disappointment for me, but had so much potential and atmosphere. I for one had no idea how this one could be salvaged and that's where fanedits come in and are always a surprise how by reordering and deleting scenes a true improvement can be achieved.For a firstling this was simply outstanding. Video and audio were just fine, no hard cuts or bad audio transitions. The title card was not impressive and my 4GB mp4 was a bit milky, but technically these are the only complaints. Editing-wise this was marvellously done.I was much more entertained by this version and I can only say thank you for cutting out so much bad stuff, especially the Charlize Theron scenes, resulting in the war of the bitches, which you gladly cut. This was a much better, improved version of Prometheus, still not a great movie, but an almost incredible improvement.One scene I did not like was the life creation scene in Shaw's flashback. It did not feel right there for me.Overall, thank you, thank you, thank you, Severian, for taking so much time and turning this movie into a truly watchable one. Well done. Fanedits rock.

More...

Top Bottom