• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus: Giftbearer:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While I enjoyed the original version of Prometheus, I was also frustrated by its total ambiguity. I like when there is some mystery left to ponder or discuss, but in the end Prometheus was just too vague.In my opinion, Severian's fan-edit fixes the film's overbearing ambiguity while tightening the narrative and characters. Frankly, I am shocked by the amount of interesting and important scenes that were originally left on the cutting room floor (such as the opening talk and the engineer's dialogue).Technically, the edit is well done. I didn't notice any jarring edits or transitions. I am not too sure how I feel about a certain theme music that is spliced into the audio. It is subtle enough and perhaps even fitting, but it broke my immersion by making me think of another film. The reviews for the theatrical version of Prometheus were decent, but I wonder how it would have been received had this been the original edit of the film. This is an excellent edit that does what every fan-edit should do: improve the original film. In my opinion, this turned a decent film into a great one. I definitely recommend giving this one a watch.

More...

Back
Top Bottom