• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Emerald City II

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emerald-city-2-front-94-1362344433.jpg

Trailer:

Fanedit Film Name: Emerald City II
Faneditor Name: Adabisi
Original Film Name: OZ: The Complete Second Season & OZ: The Complete Third Season
Fanedit Type: TV to Movie
Original Running Time: 922 minutes
Fanedit Running Time: 105 minutes
Amount of time cut: 817 minutes
Original Release Date: 1998, 1999
Fanedit Release Date: March 2013

Brief Synopsis:
The Further Adventures of Vern & Toby.

Intention:
I’m a huge fan of OZ. To this day, I haven’t seen a better TV series. Gatos’ fanedit of Season One was superb. But he left us hanging. Does Schillinger get parole? Do his sons become monsters like Beecher predicted? What happens next? Tune in to find out as we follow Beecher and Schillinger through seasons 2 & 3 of OZ.

Cuts:
Everything that did not deal directly with Beecher and Schillinger was gone. Over 13 hours of sub and side plots were removed.

Special Thanks: Gatos

emerald_city_2_3Dview.jpg

When Adabisi asked me if he could make a sequel to my Oz edit I was relieved. I was happy that someone else wanted to take the reins. I had considered continuing Beecher's story with a sequel however, I was thinking only using season 2 (which SPOILER ALERT does not end with Beecher on top) so I was hesitant to do it.

I watched the workprint for Emerald City 2 and I really enjoyed it. The start of the edit is a bit abrupt but the way Emerald City ends made it difficult to bridge the gap. Adabisi said this was going to be a fast-paced roller coaster ride. And overall I think he achieved his goal.

The only downside was that eventually (and pretty much inevitably) it started to feel episodic towards the second half. Adabisi fit in many plots from Season 2 and 3 into his edit and it may have been slightly overambitious. But I'm happy he dove right in and made this edit.

Overall the editing was good. The video quality was decent and the story while sometimes episodic it was still a great distillation of Beecher's journey in Oz.

I'm proud to place this edit on my shelf next to my Emerald City edit and this will be my go to film when I don't feel like sifting through the stories of the other characters in seasons 1 and 2.

Great job [MENTION=6765]Adabisi[/MENTION]...but you shouldn't have stolen my watch ;)

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the review and the early-stages feedback.

Adabisi said:
Glad you liked it. Thanks for the review and the early-stages feedback.

No problem, I'm glad you made this edit cause my lazy ass wasn't going to do it:p

Back
Top Bottom