• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Scott Pilgrim: Punch-Out!! Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved the Scott Pilgrim movie and I love old school video games, so this fanedit was perfect for me. The passion that the editor has for the material and his intention is clearly visible in this edit. It feels like a super-high-tech SNES video game. A/V Quality: Perfectly fine DVD5 quality. And the audio sounded good coming from my 2.0 headphones. 9/10 Visual Editing: There were some fades that could have been done better, but they didn’t distract me. The blending of the animated segments were perfect and sealed the deal on the video game experience. 9/10 Audio Editing: I loved all the added music and sound effects. Great work there. Not every transition was perfect, but nothing terrible. 8/10 Narrative: Excellently done. The set-up cut scenes feel like set-up cut scenes. The fight stages and level transitions were perfectly staged. (DVD data that applies to Narrative.) Really nice DVD menus. I would have made those “Bonus Levels” separate special features instead of end-credit segments, but that’s kinda nitpicking since you set up the chapter marks correctly. 10/10 Narrative. Enjoyment: This was such a blast to watch. Highly recommended if you’re a fan of either Scott Pilgrim or old school video games. 10/10

More...

Back
Top Bottom