• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Fall of the Jedi: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(A caveat before I begin: I hate the source material for this edit, so I did not take into account my bias when giving a score for enjoyment.)And the hits keep coming with this, the third installment in Q2's Fall of the Jedi prequel edits. This is once again a nearly flawless technical edit and one that greatly improves upon what we were given originally. The emperor comes across as far less cartoony in this version, closer to the menacing force he was in the OT, and we no longer know at the end of the movie that Anakin is Darth Vader; we simply don't know his fate (although it's easy to assume that he's dead). These two changes are great for bringing these films in line with the OT for a 1-6 viewing experience: you know and fear the emperor and Vader's reveal in The Empire Strikes Back is still a surprise.The pacing is once again greatly improved, although at times it seems like it's moving just a bit too fast with scenes ending almost before they're begun. There was also one moment that I didn't quite understand. There's a scene 52 minutes in where Padme and Anakin each go to their respective window and stare across the city at each other. I think the idea is to show the pain at their increasing isolation from each other, but it comes off as a little awkward. The sound is very low, and and it almost seems like they're having a psychic conversation (conversational cutting and tiny nods).The ending is great, leaving out Anakin's silly transformation and Padme's ridiculous death from sadness. The added footage from The Other Boleyn Girl integrates well also. I know it was someone else's idea, but it was pulled off very skillfully. It does end on a total bummer note, but that's fine considering the state of the galaxy at the end of this trilogy. Happy endings will come later when the war is won. My hat's off to you Q2; watching this version of the PT was a great experience.

More...

Back
Top Bottom