• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: War of the Stars II: The Future in Motion:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
War of the Stars 2 - The Future in Motion is another stellar fan edit from Mask, which only suffers because its inevitable comparision to its predecessor, War of the Stars. In the original, Mask's heavy use of degraded footage allowed for the inclusion of imperfect video and sound in all editing choices and extra footage. Here, a more serious attempt at filmmaking is approached so when extra footage is markedly bad, it is jarring, not charming. This film also suffers due to it's run time. Yes, the original movies all hover at about 2 hours. But here, the narrative has too many crests and valleys as it transitions from the Episode 5 material to Episode 6. These complaints though, are really the only substaintial faults that can be leveled against this. Outside of them, the film is amazing. Mask has done a brilliant job weaving dialog, scenes and nearly 100 unique special effects shots to create yet another ingenious reimagining of Star Wars. Suprises present themselves from its opening sequence all the way to the closing moments of the movie. This is truly indicative of the magic that comes with fan editing as scenes we're all familiar with become innudated with new meaning. I imagine that had Lucas had the same ideas Mask has had, maybe we'd have a different Star Wars altogether. Like War of the Stars, this film isn't meant to replace one's OT of Star Wars, but it is a must-have compliment to it. I know that, 6 or so years from now, looking back at Episodes 7, 8 and 9, I'll be thinking about what creative spin Mask is going to mold out of it all. And...I'll be looking forward to watching it!

More...

Top Bottom