• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Battlestar covers

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know these are not very good. I do not have the knowledge, proper software or a good printer to design anything in the quality this site is used to.... but I hoped by posting these it will inspire someone to design some real cool kick ass covers for the upcoming David Kerin re-edits!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok, that is weird, I can't get my dvd covers to post....

Is there an image file size limit I don't know about?

All you do is use the image "BROWSE" bar, click on an image from your picture file and then click SUMBIT, right????

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
More weirdness, couldn't get the imageshack to work.

So here are some links to where I originally posted these covers on a BSG fansite. Keep in mind they are very simple and unprofessional, but maybe someone could take the idea and improve upon it.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/gallery/s ... 597e2b0186

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great link!
But why are the covers so messed up?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you mean "messed up" as in the poor picture quality.... well, as I stated before I am pretty much computer ignorant. So when I made the covers, the free program I downloaded would not allow me to simply upload the covers I designed. So I printed them off first (on very low grade printer), scanned them, and then uploaded them. Through this process they lost alot of their color and sharpness. As I said, they are not professional looking in the least, they were only meant to give some cover ideas. :-(

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ah...that explains a lot, and yes, I was refering to the actual image quality.
The covers are not that bad. Do you still have the master files?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nope, long gone I'm afraid... sorry.

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To bad you don't have them, definitely a cool cover design- don't sell yourself short as graphic designer, Bionic Bob...

Top Bottom