• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Event Horizon: Slashed aka Killer Horizon:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know, I've always really liked Event Horizon. It scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it, and I think it's still one of the best in the limited "space horror" genre. So I was really excited to experience the movie in a different way, and I'm happy to report that Mollo did not disappoint. The mood in this version is a lot more serious, with much of the worst character "dialogue" removed (I'm looking at you, Cooper!). The flip side of this is that some of the characters don't make nearly as much of an impression, but I'm going to say that it was still a good move as they're not constantly wrecking the tone with their foolishness. The demonic angle is amped up in this version as well, to great effect. With so much cutting and re-arranging of scenes, some of the original's slow-burn sense of dread is lost, but the added demonic flourishes and adjusted music compensate for that enough to bring everything back into balance. I thought all the integrated footage from other movies worked swimmingly, especially the extra audio elements. The new ending, too, was IMO a smashing success, very artfully done and disturbing. There were a few rough edges, editing-wise, but nothing so glaring that I was taken out of the film, and (while still watchable) I wouldn't necessarily recommend the SD AVI file as it's just too compressed for a film this dark.

More...

Back
Top Bottom