• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Prometheus: Giftbearer:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
To get things started I'd like to say, Severian has done a really good job improving Prometheus with his first fanedit.It is impressive how he achieved a more cohesive narrative for one of the most high profile and yet frustrating SciFi movies in recent memory, by shuffling just a few scenes and incorporating extended bits and pieces throughout this is turned into a truly memorable entry in the Alien mythos. By removing plain stupid behavior on the characters and adding key pieces of dialogue and information this does feel like the experience I wanted all along.My favorite change is a truly satisfying interaction between Weyland and the surviving Engineer (my biggest gripe with the theatrical release).The Video HD editing mastery displayed is commendable, there isn't a single noticeable editing error from what I could tell, and the quality of the encoding is likewise spot on.I eagerly look forward to a burnable release.Audio is likewise handled with great care and skill, all the integrated scenes and bits of dialogue are perfectly woven, I couldn't notice any jarring transitions while watching using my Onkyo amplifier. Having said that, sadly I have to deduct points from A/V quality due to the currently available release only offering a 2.0 track, I am aware that 7/10 might seem somewhat harsh but it might motivate a future release supporting at least 5.1 DD for a perfect score.Narrative and Enjoyment - as stated before the experience is greatly enriched, the original was a 7/10 when now I can easily give it a 9/10; there are still some details that make little to no sense but they are far fewer this time around.Congratulations indeed.

More...

Top Bottom