• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire features fan editing question

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was channel surfing a little earlier when I landed on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". This week is "Millionaire's Countdown To The Oscars" week so the questions were all film related. I don't normally watch this show but seeing as it was movie themed I just had to. When the second contestant came on they revealed the categories and one of them was "Fan Editing". The question was about "Star Wars: The Machete Order".

To see when the show airs in your area go to http://dadt.com/millionaire/listings/

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Meredith Viera.

129190_3909e.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, that show. I hadn't seen it in a few years at least.

Did they get the question right?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah. The four choices were Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, Revenge Of The Sith, and The Phantom Menace. The guy didn't know the answer but was figuring it was Phantom Menace but to play it safe he asked the audience. That made me :lol: because I very much doubt anybody in the audience has even heard of fan edits, let alone Star Wars: The Machete Order.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Little early for April fools. Video or it didn't happen.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:

For what it's worth, this blog has a recap

To Return: Created by a "Star Wars" fan, the "Machete Order" suggests watching the films out of sequence, & completely skipping which of these films?
A: "Revenge of the Sith"
B: "The Phantom Menace"
C: "Return of the Jedi"
D: "The Empire Strikes Back"
AtA
A: 24%
B: 56%
C: 14%
D: 6%

FA: "The Phantom Menace"- $15K ($22.5K)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:

Believe me it took me by surprise too. I can't find a video of it, but believe me this ain't no April Fool's joke. :lol:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow. That is... brain-bogglingly obscure. Though I guess somewhat intuitive, in that logic suggests that either the earliest or latest in-chronology movie is most likely to be expendable, and everyone knows Jedi is important...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah that's cool and all, but how the hell is that a "fan editing question". If it was something like this it'd be an FE oriented plug.

What was the first known fanedit?

A. War of the Stars.
B. True Romance Tarantino Cut
C. Azazel.
D. The Phantom Edit.

That'd be fricking awesome.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Yeah that's cool and all, but how the hell is that a "fan editing question".

The category was called "Fan Editing". Although technically it should have been called "Fan Edits". "Fan Editing" implies that the question would be editing related, which it clearly isn't. Given the question I don't even understand how that can be fan edit/editing related. I haven't read the thread here about the Machete Order, I avoid anything Star Wars related here except for NJVC's "Pulp Empire" thread, but the question makes it sound like all there is to the Machete Order is the order in which you watch the films. How exactly does that qualify as a fan edit?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone's dumb, I just don't know who yet.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The name "Machete Order" was not created FOR that thread on our site (for what I know). It's just a popular (?) name to describe the 4,5,2,3,6 viewing order. So it's not really related to "fanedits" or any specific specific fanedit.

EmilBorg

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Yeah that's cool and all, but how the hell is that a "fan editing question". If it was something like this it'd be an FE oriented plug.

A. War of the Stars.
C. Azazel.
D. The Phantom Edit.

That'd be fricking awesome.

Final Answer: D.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
The name "Machete Order" was not created FOR that thread on our site (for what I know). It's just a popular (?) name to describe the 4,5,2,3,6 viewing order. So it's not really related to "fanedits" or any specific specific fanedit.

I didn't say that the name "Machete Order" was created for the thread here. All I said was that the category on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was "Fan Editing". I suppose I should have named the thread "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire features fan editing category" instead. Why is it even called the "Machete Order" anyways?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can sort of buy the Machete Order finding its way into a question (mainly because the blog says so, I guess) but I find it hard to believe the show actually used the term "Fan Editing" unless someone here works on the show.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
but I find it hard to believe the show actually used the term "Fan Editing" unless someone here works on the show.

Believe me so did I. I posted a link in my original post where you can find when the show is playing in your area in case anybody wanted to catch the episode. I guess it's too late now for anybody to catch the episode but hopefully my word is good enough. :lol:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
hopefully my word is good enough. :lol:

On the internet, no one's word is good enough. I'm not fully convinced that any of you actually exist and I'm not just making the whole thing up in my mind.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian: Nice find! Shame that the people running the show have no idea what they're talking about, though. They might as well have put Mickey Mouse as a correct answer under "Muppets."

Frink: So, you think we're all just figments of your imagination, huh? . . .

. . . Guys. He's on to us! Run!

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

A. War of the Stars.
C. Azazel.
D. The Phantom Edit.

Could've sworn Highlander 2 Renegade Cut could fit somewhere in there.

Top Bottom