• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Anchorman: The Alarm Clock Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First of all, as far as technical editing goes, I'd say this is flawless. Not once did I feel like this was a film cobbled together after the fact. That being said, it does have some narrative problems. The Alarm Clock subplot, while great on paper, comes across as pretty flat when worked into the movie. With the exception of Maya Rudolph's fantastic delivery ("I hope you don't mind; I ate some of yo cottage cheese."), none of the humor really plays, and the whole thing is pretty thinly written. In addition, a couple of other alternate scenes just go on too long, bringing the movie to a screeching halt. I'm speaking mostly of the news team's berating of the old man in the wrong house and Champ's declaration of love. They feel like long takes used to pad out the pseudo-sequel, so I think some trimming in these new scenes would help the whole thing flow better. The whole thing is perfectly coherent, though, and it's a fun way to experience Anchorman in a new way if you've just seen the theatrical cut too many times.

More...

Top Bottom