• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Wired | Geekdad | Star Wars – The Fandom Editors (Mentions Frink, Q2, Harmy, TMBTM)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
So, basically: We're all in a cult together.

have you read this book, Dioretix?

Fettclone1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amazing. Every edit in that list deserves the exposure, so congrats.

ByteShare

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This extra coverage is great and the comments seem mostly positive.

ByteShare

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Wow, that's pretty awesome. They even include a link to Frink's full edit on Vimeo! :eek: Awesome find.
Means even they think there is legal room for FanEdits...or at least I hope. Love to hear all of the editors hard work is being noticed.

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't think it means that. They embedded it from Vimeo, they wouldn't get in trouble for infringement, Vimeo would for hosting.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm looking forward to my free bed and meals in jail!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and the male attention, you dude magnet, you!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I didn't want to brag...

ByteShare

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wabid said:
I don't think it means that. They embedded it from Vimeo, they wouldn't get in trouble for infringement, Vimeo would for hosting.
I was thinking along the lines of PB. If you link to copyrighted material you're in violation.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Regarding none's latest work, in the comment section:

Hell yeah! Can't wait to not be able to watch that one.

:lol:

RNKFanArt

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The WIRED article brought to my attention that my fan art posters have been used as the covers to The Phantom Edits and attributed to someone else. I made those posters back in 2004, posted them on TheForce.net, and later uploaded them to my blog.

You can see the posters here: http://rnkfanartblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/star-wars-complete-saga-poster-series.html

I don't appreciate someone else taking my work (even if it's fan art) and calling it their own. Not cool.

RNK Fan Art
http://rnkfanartblog.blogspot.com/

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RNKFanArt said:
I don't appreciate someone else taking my work (even if it's fan art) and calling it their own. Not cool.

Unfortunately, that's what the entire premise of fanediting is based on - take something someone else made and make it into something else.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry that you didn't get proper credit, RNK. My best suggestion is to try to track down Mike Nichols (The Phantom Editor) and see if you can get the credit restored. Hopefully it's just an accidental oversight.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:
Unfortunately, that's what the entire premise of fanediting is based on - take something someone else made and make it into something else.

Proper credit is always a good idea, however.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adabisi said:

I take STRONG issue with this statement. Taking credit for other people's work is NOT what fanediting is about. Proper credit should always be given when the contributors are known. IMO this should be a site rule, both for legal purposes and for personal integrity. This includes running the full credits at the end of a movie. This includes credit to cover artists. This includes other faneditors or forum contributors who had a significant influence on the final product.

Additionally I love the cover art that the many talented artists here create, and I would love to see cover artists sign or include some kind of credit on the cover art. This would limit issues of mistaken identity.

Top Bottom