• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Cyborg II: The Bionic Bride:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Love means never having to say you're bionic".And now for something completely different, Bionic Bob pulls a Smallville Destiny and discards the villain of the week structure to center around the human factor and offer nothing buth Steve and Jaime, Jaime and Steve. And it works fine, resulting in a sweet and engaging edit. We don't need a generic villain shoehorned in, if we have characters we care about we will want to follow them around even when they take a day off. In fact I wish the networks would dare to do this every once in a while instead of forcing the formula into everything.The narrative is well sustained, which is remarkable given its patchwork nature. We don't know exactly why Jaime "malfunctions" but given the circumstances it's better not to know. The song, however... I understand the thematic reasons to leave it in, but I kinda wish Bob had followed his initial instincts and replaced it. Let's say Mr. Majors' crooning ability is dangerously close to fingernails on a chalkboard... I think I would have also cut out the scene of Steve looking at the yearbook, as "brother-zoning" is what girls do to boys they're fond of but "just not that way". And as Steve and Jaime were always somewhat into each other, it's not very fitting.The editing itself is seamless, and if you miss some action and adventure, you'll find it in the accompanying short about Jaime's first mission.A very charming edit, perfect for around Valentine's day.

More...

Top Bottom