• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Sountrack Free Star Warss

James Buhr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am looking for Star Wars, I have seen some posts on "Isolated Score" but that is doing the opposite of what I am looking for. I want to do an episode 1-3 into one movie project, but the soundtrack is really throwing that off, with the stopping and starting of the music.
Any tips on how to remove soundtrack to be added after the edit?
I can't seem to find any posts on this already, possibly I am blind, can you point me in the right direction?

Such thing does not exist to my knowledge (Star Wars movies free of music)
You can remove most of the music by playing only the center audio channel (still a lot of scenes with a little bit of music still present in this channel anyway), but you'll end removing all the reverb/spatial effects and sound effects present in all the other channels.
The Clones Wars series are the only Star Wars "episodes" to have DVD with the center audio channel completely free of music (from what I read.)
Little programs like Audacity and such audio editors can remove music or specific noises here and there, but you'll always end removing some sounds that you don't want to remove. It's always a "lesser of two evil" game. More powerful programs are known to do wonders though, I guess. But it's not just by "the push of a button" anyway. And I'm sure they're not free (at all!).
If someone have a better answer, please be my guest, I'd love to be proven wrong on this matter.

TMBTM speaks sooth. Learn to edit around the music.

Thread moved to Audio Editing.

Neglify said:
Learn to edit around the music.
That.
You can edit with the 6 audio channels (offers you more audio editing opportunities) and softly fade (in/out) the music before or after a video cut. Or blend two pieces of music that fit well together at one specific point.
The art of the audio transition is sometime the most dfficult thing in fanediting.
We all wish more DVDs and Bluray comes with at least a center audio channel free of music. But that's rare.

LOL so that was you. I dont want you to think that im trying to get you to believe in it. My only opinion was that your arguments were very weak. So weak that they were laughable. We took it a little too far on that website and I do apologize. You seem like a nice guy. If you need help with audio sign up and ask questions. There are many knowledgeable people on there.

TMBTM said:
That.
We all wish more DVDs and Bluray comes with at least a center audio channel free of music. But that's rare.

Do you have any examples of DVDs, where thats the case?

Uebelator said:

I always heard The Clones Wars CG TV series is like that but I did not check myself.
I personally found out, during the making of my Underworld Temptation fanedit, that the first Underworld DVD (at least the PAL one that I bought in france) is free of music in its center audio center (not the case of my Underworld 2 and 3 DVDs though).

Could be nice to create a list of movies that are released this way, indeed.

Uebelator said:

The Room.

Seriously.

Have a look at Sony's SpectraLayers Pro it deals in frequencies. Just watch this tutorial it seems really awesome.

Back
Top Bottom