• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Judge Dredd: Redemption:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a long term Judge Dredd fan, I was severely let down by the Stallone Dredd. OK, aside the helmet issue, it was just too dumb, convaluted and included things that really shouldn't have been there (Angel Gang, ABC Warrior). Schneider is basically the Jar Jar Binks of the film. Having seen the recent Dredd(2012), which I consider to be FAR closer to the comics(and all around more superior), I was hopeful for this. What works : Well, toning Rob Schneider right back to almost no dialogue at all, works surprisingly well. It's amazing how annoying he made the film. It really did feel quite significantly less annoying. What could be improved on : Simply removing Rob Schneider doesn't fix everything. The Rico stuff could be trimmed to make him more ambiguous. Dredd and Hershey talking about 'feelings', the Angel Gang's appearance, the OTT Lawmaster stuff with failing bike joke. The added grain to this film actually makes it look like a poor transfer, it wasn't necessary. Also, the quality of the La Roux track on the end credits is pretty poor, but I appreciate the nod to Dredd 2012. The editing is seemless. Nothing jarring, no strange transitions or bad audio. I enjoyed this more than I thought it would, but given my background of a hardcore Dredd fan - a Dredd edit can go much further! But Kudos for improving that film.

More...

Back
Top Bottom