• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Cuts:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We all know that the Prequel trilogy has a lot of problems with storytelling/acting/character development/pacing. But the biggest problem I have had with many of the Star Wars Prequel fanedits is that they cut too much. I know that others will say the opposite, that they didn’t cut enough. But I feel that scenes should be considered for their importance to the whole more than the individual dislike of the scene itself. And, when in doubt, leave it in.This edit of Episode 2 didn’t cut too much. A Star Wars movie should be about 2 hours long, and this clocks in a 118 minutes. As such, it doesn’t “feel” like an edit. It's long enough, and only removes the most offensive parts. All of the cuts are things that I don't miss.Anakin’s character is greatly improved. He doesn’t come off a quite so childish. And Padme’s reactions to him also match this. When they first meet, she doesn’t belittle him by calling him a little boy. From her smile, it just seems like she likes him right away. This helps to make it more believable that she falls for him later on.t528491 has done something remarkable with this movie... made it enjoyable! I gave it 8/10 for enjoyment, which is great considering the original was hard for me to watch.The only knock against the video quality is the noticeably poorer quality of the deleted scene added. Not much avoiding this, unless you are Adywan! And the scene switch was the right choice from a narrative perspective.Great job! Can't wait to see your edit of Episode 3!

More...

Back
Top Bottom