• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Killer Bride, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried watching this last year but wasn't digging it. When I heard Leeroy later made a custom Tarantino commentary for this edit I felt I should give it another shot.Firstly, I was quite let down with the commentary. There are some awesome tidbits from QT but it felt really all over the place. And I'm a stickler for audio levels and audio quality when it comes to commentaries (just talk to Juice about the things I'd insist on when mixing commentaries). The quality was very poor. I can understand that probably everything came from interviews on YouTube or other sites, but it could have been cleaned up or at least rendered/re-encoded better. And the levels really threw me for a loop at times. The movie's audio was too loud and often drowned out the commentary. And all the movie audio seemed to be coming out of the right speaker with the commentary balanced between left and right. And some of the audio editing in the commentary was abrupt and jarring.I put up with the flaws because I love QT interviews. Non die-hard QT fans can skip it.As far as the narrative for the movie goes, it felt incredibly unbalanced. Video editing was fine though.

More...

Top Bottom