• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DC Comics Animated Films

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone, I was wondering who was looking forward to more of the DC Comics Animated Films? Dark Knight Returns Part 1 came out last September and we're gearing up for Part 2 being released soon. Part 1 was solid. Part 2 looks like it won't disappoint either. Kinda sad that they won't be releasing a combo pack of Part 1 and Part 2 soon. Or combining the films into one extended edition of it as well.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have yet to see DKR 1, but what I would like is longer DC animated films. Most of them feel really rushed. In particular Batman Year One felt like the Reader's Digest version of the comic. A 90-to-100 minutes movie would be really awesome, not around 65-70 as most of these are.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
Kinda sad that they won't be releasing a combo pack of Part 1 and Part 2 soon. Or combining the films into one extended edition of it as well.
That's what fanedits are for ;-)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
I have yet to see DKR 1, but what I would like is longer DC animated films. Most of them feel really rushed. In particular Batman Year One felt like the Reader's Digest version of the comic. A 90-to-100 minutes movie would be really awesome, not around 65-70 as most of these are.

I honestly didn't think that Year One felt rushed. Mostly cause they were really faithful to the material. So I felt like it was a solid job. Under the Red Hood was one that at times felt a little rushed to me. Mostly cause I enjoyed the film so much that I wanted to stick with those characters and see more of them. It'd be cool to see a Red Hood animated film that used the mini to help showcase his time before he came back to Gotham.

It would be awesome to see more longer DC animated films. I'm hoping that we'll start seeing more films split into parts (if they were to continue with this, but it seems that they wish to start moving towards more original material for their dtv's.) There are still some stories that I think would be awesome to see animated: Knightfall (still think that'd be awesome), Hush (Hush, Heart of Hush, House of Hush), Grant Morrison's Batman (Batman and Son - RIP). i also wanna see some of Dick Grayson's time as Batman animated (Morrison's Batman and Robin run would be awesome).

g1orkatsos said:
That's what fanedits are for ;-)

Yeah, that's actually something that I'm going to be looking at doing. Mostly cause I wish to have Part 1 and Part 2 on dvd. and then also have an Extended Edition (for the times that I wish to watch it all in one sitting). Gives more options for it. But if I were to do that, I'd wanna help fill in a small snippet of what led to the retirement (which in the DKR comics,
they helped explain that his retirement followed the Death of Jason Todd, so that'd be cool to incorporate a small snippet of Under the Red Hood's flashback to it possibly.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, that's actually something that I'm going to be looking at doing. Mostly cause I wish to have Part 1 and Part 2 on dvd. and then also have an Extended Edition (for the times that I wish to watch it all in one sitting). Gives more options for it. But if I were to do that, I'd wanna help fill in a small snippet of what led to the retirement (which in the DKR comics,
they helped explain that his retirement followed the Death of Jason Todd, so that'd be cool to incorporate a small snippet of Under the Red Hood's flashback to it possibly.

that's actually a really cool idea. i hope you run forward with that when Part 2 finally drops.
(i actually picked up part 1 and haven't watched it yet because i wanted to watch them back to back.)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with Dwight about the movies being overall too short. Considering that they're adaptations of usually lengthy material, and they seem to be doing good business for Warner's, I don't see why they can't run a bit longer.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't year one the actual one where they didn't cut anything though? I'm sure they even talked about having to lengthen in a little. I kind of agree with everything else though I can understand why some changes are made. Like in Doomsday we just have the one alternate superman instead of the four supermen, though in All Star Superman they skipped one my favourite sequences, where he stops the kid commiting suicide, that would have been so good to have in there but maybe not something they want younger viewers to see (but what kid would be watching a film where the word 'w*nker' is used so often.) One thing I wish DKR had included is Batman;s inner monologuing, Sin City showed we can have that kind of narrative and it won't intrude on the experience.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd love to see more films with Summer Glau as Supergirl.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd love to see more Summer Glau in any show or movie. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was very curious about the New Teen Titans Judas Contract, unfortunately that project was cancelled.

I think it would be cool to do an animated Smallville movie, like the current season 11 comic. Have the original actors come back to voice their characters and explore the world post Superman's Apokolips debut.

More Justice League movies would be awesome and will most likely become a reality to tie in with the greenlit live action movie.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I'd love to see more Summer Glau in any show or movie. :)

more shows and movies with Summer Glau would definitely be awesome. and most welcome for sure.

yeah, it was sad that The Judas Contract was cancelled. think WB didn't think that a Teen Titans movie could sell very well. but they did a loose adaptation of it with the Teen Titans cartoon from while back.

an animated Smallville series adapting the current comic. that'd be awesome. that'd be really cool to see Smallville's Batman in action.

Justice League movies will def be happening since they tend to sell very well. i'd def enjoy it if they picked up after JL: Doom. (since that was a solid film already, imo. and could be seen more or less as a sequel to Crisis on Two Earths, imo).

i'd love to see more Nightwing stories too. and bring back Jensen Ackles as Red Hood would be cool too.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fhm_babes_9.jpg

598266LyndseyForrestPhotoshoot2.jpg

summer-glau-actress-bikini-beach-coast-smile-sand-female-celebrities.jpg

summer-glau-gq-01.jpg

Fixed

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Smallville finally has Batman via the Season 11 comics? That's cool! Now I'll have to check those out.

Also, this thread has been sorely lacking in pictures of Summer Glau. So here ya go. (I tried to paste this directly into the message like others have, but it didn't work for some reason, so here's the link.)

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/summer-glau/images/2347086/title/summer-glau-venice-magazine-photo

yeah Batman appears in the second story arc "Detective". one of Batman's rogues also gets his smallville debut as well. the comics are pretty great and the story is continuing to get better and better as it goes on as well.

one week till Dark Knight Returns Part 2 is released. and then the next 2 releases are Superman: Unbound and Justice League: Flashpoint.

EDIT:
also nice job with the Glau pics, which you were right. the thread was lacking in that department.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool! I'll definitely have to check those out, then.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up Superman Unbound blu-ray yesterday! Awesome production! The story rocked. Though it took me a little while to get used to new character designs, especially Lois, but otherwise another fantastic release from DC. Thumbs UP! :)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Picked up Superman Unbound blu-ray yesterday! Awesome production! The story rocked. Though it took me a little while to get used to new character designs, especially Lois, but otherwise another fantastic release from DC. Thumbs UP! :)

picked it up the other day as well. and would have to agree. it was a really solid film. took a while for me to get use to Matt Bomer as Superman. however, it was great. nice to see Supergirl as well. definitely among my favorites of the films that DC has released so far.

also picked up Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2. and have to say that its awesome and epic.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have yet to watch DKR and Superman Unbound, yet my favorite DC animated movie has been Crisis on Two Earths. It has the kind of scope I usually enjoy, the rest have been ok but nothing spectacular.Also, Batman Year One is almost a panel by frame retelling of Frank Miller's classic, so no complaints there.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
havok1977 said:
I have yet to watch DKR and Superman Unbound, yet my favorite DC animated movie has been Crisis on Two Earths. It has the kind of scope I usually enjoy, the rest have been ok but nothing spectacular.Also, Batman Year One is almost a panel by frame retelling of Frank Miller's classic, so no complaints there.

I think you would enjoy SUPERMAN UNBOUND, it is very epic in scope. In terms of storytelling, I think it very ambitious and rewarding.

Top Bottom