• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What are you listening to at the moment?

hbenthow said:
I've been re-listening to some songs by one of my all-time favorite musical artists, Greek singer Nana Mouskouri. I find it rather odd and a bit sad that she seems to be obscure today (at least here in America), as she is one of the greatest voices (and top-selling artists) of all time. She can sing in over ten languages, and has possibly the most angelic voice that I've ever heard, despite (or perhaps in part because of) the fact that she has only one functioning vocal cord.

I used one of her song "Deep and Silent Sea" in the opening credits of my JAWS Sharksploitation fanedit.

Full edit (in better quality...) on my Vimeo page. ;)

TMBTM said:
I used one of her song "Deep and Silent Sea" in the opening credits of my JAWS Sharksploitation fanedit.

Neat! I would never have imagined opening "Jaws" with a soothing Nana Mouskouri song (as I associate it with tense, heart-pounding music), but it's an oddly inspired idea. I looked up your edit, and it sounds interesting. I'm going to have to check it out.

hbenthow said:
TMBTM said:

Neat! I would never have imagined opening "Jaws" with a soothing Nana Mouskouri song (as I associate it with tense, heart-pounding music), but it's an oddly inspired idea. I looked up your edit, and it sounds interesting. I'm going to have to check it out.

There are a lot of action and horror movies from the 70s or 80s that have a nice, gentle music in the credits.

One that comes to mind is First Blood.

I've really gotten into a band from Denmark called Mew recently. Sort of an indie pro-rock mix.

Q2 said:
I've really gotten into a band from Denmark called Mew recently.

I enjoyed Frengers quite a bit, but mostly lost interest after that.

Here was the music I rocked for 2/22. The sequence may have been a bit different, I wasn't keeping track as I went.

[Approx 9:30 PM 2/21, dropped acid... waited a little bit to start the jams...]
Prince - Purple Rain [full album]
Vitamin String Quartet - Third Eye
Angelo Badalamenti - The Pink Room
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars [full album]
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World
Reverend Horton Heat - Eat Steak
Weird Al - Eat It
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon [full album]
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Napoleon XIV - They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
[2:22 AM] King Crimson - the construKction of light [full album]
Fiona Apple - Hot Knife
Lil Bo Weep - I Wrote This Song 4 U
Nick Cave - Where the Wild Roses Grow
Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl
[intermission to sleep a little bit]
Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign
Cream - White Room
The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
The Kinks - Schoolboys in Disgrace [full album]
Elton John - Goodbye Yellowbrick Road
The Cure - Purple Haze
Kenny Rogers - I Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues
George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Purple Stain
[2:22 PM] Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-IX)

You guys ever hear of Galneryus?

Make sure to turn the volume down before you start... or don't.

When I was a kid (and maybe still? Unsure), Berkeley's KPFA-FM would play the following track every Sunday morning at 9 AM, and my old man would often put it on, frequently waking me up in the process. Not at all a bad way to start the day:

Onion the Man: Just pure groovey fun  :D

Jumblehead: WOW, this is perhaps my favorite trio I've ever heard. Killer lines, killer grooves, killer talent!

A very pretty song featuring (at least) one very pretty performer:

giphy.gif

I do love music with movie dialogue samples in it:

This song structure is perfection to me. That chorus transition, blissful earvana!

Back
Top Bottom