• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What are you listening to at the moment?

I still enjoy a few things 18-year old ThrowgnCpr used to listen to:

Just found Rival Sons on my youtube feed. If you love vintage rock, this band has it. Great bass lines, Great guitar riffs, great grooves, great vintage rock singing, great tambourine :)

[align=center]

[align=center]

They bring it live too: 

New single "Hit Parade" out by my favorite band MuteMath  :)

The first post-Oasis solo record that actually sounds pretty good and it's not from Noel...

Liam played it at the Manchester benefit concert and I thought it sounded great. Coldplay's guitarist smashed the solo on Live Forever...

Looking forward to the solo record.

matrixgrindhouse said:

First album released in 1985.  Second one is currently in the works.  That's gotta be some kind of record.  Pun intended.

Finally got my copy of the second album in the mail!  The lack of a digital download release is, if nothing else, another reminder of the era they're harkening back to with Justice: Served!.   So.  Thirty-two years.  Only one original member left, on bass.  So - why does it sound so great?  Seriously, if it had been promoted as a lost contemporary followup album featuring only a change to the vocalist(s), I'd have believed it.  The synths even sound like they're from the same keyboard.  This is a NWOBHM album propelled into the future.  It's a worthy followup.  Style's got a nice amount of variety, like the original - from classic hard rocking to melodic heavyness, to acoustic ballads.  None of it sucks.   They never reach the same highs as the original's The Watcher, but it never descends into the abject filler of The Ballad of Edward Caseeither.  There is a little filler, though.  "Forever Gone" is a repeat from the original, albeit with the new lineup.  It's a good cover (does it even count as a cover?), but I feel like that should have been relegated to being a bonus track, possibly of the live variety, and replaced with more original material.  "Worthy of Honour" initially comes across as an overly saccharine ballad, but just wait 'till the electric guitars kick in!  Mid-track redemption!   Billy Who is an instrumental piece - enjoyable, but kinda forgettable.  Your mileage may vary, of course.

All in all, I'm quite surprised.  I knew I'd like it, but I didn't expect to love it.  I hope to hear more from the revived Tyran, ideally in fewer than three decades.  Recommended.

9124zHpVw9L._SY355_.jpg

Not as good as mix vol 1.

Haven't seen the flick, I'll have to wait till its out on dvd.

Spinning records from the pile that I don't think I've played yet:
george-thorogood-and-the-destroyer-better-than-the-rest-lp-vinyl-record_2873288

100757.jpg

s-l300.jpg

a61647c42d5c017316c318bfc0ffd63f.jpg

Vangelis_Chariots_Of_Fire_-_Vinyl_Record_96ca5aff-0618-4167-b9c4-4e90a4cfcd7f_1024x1024.JPG

^ All damn fine, though I haven't played side 2 of Foreigner, skipped the tunes from Chariots of Fire that have been played TO DEATH on radio and TV and all that but the other songs on there are great!

Couldn't get into this one:
117626520.jpg

Doesn't get much better than Dave Matthews Band. Amazing songcraft and musicianship.

Currently playing this Transformers: Dark of the Moon song in honor of Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington. Is it just me, or, as I've been thinking for some months, is this a legitimately solid track?

Chanced upon this fantastic mashup of 80s Priest and 2000s Maiden that works better than it has any right to.  

Seems he's got more in the same genre - I'll have to investigate further!

A twenty-five minute long soundtrack for a computer with 64 kilobytes of RAM, and a processor that clocked in at less than one MHZ.  Incredible.

WOW! Now these old gents can flat out ROCK!
They're even giving this track away for free.
Bonamassa rips on this track.

MuteMath - War

Sadly, Darren King (Drummer) and Roy Mitchell-Cárdenas (Bassist) just recently left the band pre release of the new record  :(

^ be safe, hombre.

I'm currently enjoying the new Zola Jesus album, which is out today. I love her older stuff, but her last album (which was a quick switch to a major label) was a real turd. Happy that she steered back on course for the new record.

An hour ago at the Mercury awards...

whoa_back_to_the_future.gif

Back
Top Bottom