• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Full Length, Live Action Toy Story

Eh, you can see the strings.

That's pretty cool!

I sense I'm gonna be the Grinch on this one...

... But at least one of the Raiders remake kids got his first kiss out of their mind-bogglingly huge project. :oops:

Gaith said:
I sense I'm gonna be the Grinch on this one...

... But at least one of the Raiders remake kids got his first kiss out of their mind-bogglingly huge project. :oops:

What did you get out of the essays you wrote?

Just showed this to my 12 year old daughter, the biggest Toy Story Fan EVER (yes, she has every single toy!!!), and she thinks this is AMAZING!!!! Who am I to argue? :)

That was awesome! Gaith, you have no soul.

What a wonderful present for the parent to give their kids. They're always going to remember this.

Gaith said:

Look man, a few years down the line all they gotta do is show a chick this and tell them they made it.

I watched this earlier and it is awesome. Glad to see it here. If anyone doesn't have the patience skip to 1:06:40 for one of the most parts. The rocket car.

It's an interesting exercise in 'Can this be done' and a clever idea but other than that I have no interest in it artistically.

If I want to watch Toy Story I'll go watch... Toy Story.

If it were a film released in the theaters for profit, then yeah, it would be horrible. But as something done on virtually no budget just to see if it could be done (as you noted), I'm very impressed in the time and effort that went into this.

In most (all?) cases, they even got the exact shots and camera angles. I don't know that I would have had the patience to do that myself.

And the one thing about fan films is that they almost always have bad scripts. This was one way to guarantee that the script would be good. :)

Like I said technically very clever but ultimately pointless.

I was actually agreeing with a lot of what you said. I was just putting a slightly different perspective on some aspects of it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to filming my one-man version of The Room. Oh, hai! :p

TomH1138 said:
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to filming my one-man version of The Room. Oh, hai! :p
You can't surpass perfection :p Anyway, How's your sex life?

When i first read the title i thought people were dressing up as toys and doing it.

Needles to say someone had too much time on their hands

You say they had too much time on their hands, I say they had an awesome time on their hands. Diff'rent strokes, diff'rent folks.

TomH1138 said:
I was actually agreeing with a lot of what you said. I was just putting a slightly different perspective on some aspects of it.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. /shrugs

I'm not disagreeing with you either! So what are we arguing about again? :):p

TV's Frink said:
What did you get out of the essays you wrote?
Not playing that game, amigo. I did make a ten-minute narrative film once... which I wrote, acted in, and directed (i.e., chose the shots and editing rhythms) myself, but that's not the point. I'm not holding myself up as a paragon of accomplishment (though I'll gladly lionize my buddy Tim K. if you'd like to hear about him), and I'm not being a hater, but I agree with nOm. These kids spent a very long time filming and editing toys. I'm sure there was some inventiveness, and a whole lot of tenacity, involved in getting it done, but how much imagination did it take?

A+ for perseverance, though. That's always been perhaps my greatest weakness, so I respect them for that part, whoever they are.

Back
Top Bottom