• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Adobe CS2 Now Available for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATE (5:36 P.M. CST): FE.org member Gatos has forwarded a correction to us stating the Adobe is NOT giving away CS2. It was a misunderstanding, one that confused a lot of websites. You can read about the correction on Forbes.com.

Have you ever wanted a copy of Adobe's Creative Suite? Well now you can for free! Adobe has disabled activation of their CS2 series which was released in 2005. Since the software is seven years old it may have trouble running on newer systems, but it is a chance to get a plethora of software with $0 down. All you need to do is register an account with them and then you can download the software.

Adobe CS2 is available on PC and Mac.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is fantastic news! The ability for anyone to use a copy of Photoshop is big!! I used version 6 for a long time, so CS2 is definitely worth checking out :)

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Keeps coming up site area unavailable for me. Damn it all!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JetSetWilly said:
Keeps coming up site area unavailable for me. Damn it all!

I got that as well. Either they are making changes, or the site is being overloaded. It was officially announced, so keep checking back.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, that's epic. What a nice gesture, and a good way to get people to start using their products. Smart.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Need to make sure to get this news out to any new, unexperienced faneditors, since most aren't willing to pay good money for amazing editing software. That's pretty cool!

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sick! Best news item....ever?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I take back everything nice I said

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2519395009_No_time_to_explain_01_630x433_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

T-itanium

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I just read somewhere that Adobe would keep the download site open for a while and you can download as long as they are not used in commercial use, but I could be wrong, for some other article suggests that you shouldn't download and that Adobe merely use "honor system" when serving old customers.

And the download page no longer require registration makes me somewhat confused. I'm sorta worried that if it breaks rules for post the link here (not really warez site nor a spam site as far as I can tell, but an official one) but I think it's the only chance for some fan editors who don't have enough cash for Premiere Pro, and they could be REALLY MORE pricey in some region. :-(

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It would be against the license agreement to install this software without owning a license. Any news agency that reported otherwise is wrong. A link to the download can be found in the front paged Forbes article by scrolling to the bottom.

T-itanium

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for clearfying, wabid. My confusion mainly came from their change into "no registration required". Glad I didn't do something stupid that might get me banned on the first post.:p

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Personally I can't see why a link to adobe's official website would cause any problems. Ask Reave for clarification if you are still curious. Fanedit.org operates on an honor system, and it appears Adobe does now too. Since they are both trusting users to do the right thing, I think we should too.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wabid said:
Personally I can't see why a link to adobe's official website would cause any problems. Ask Reave for clarification if you are still curious. Fanedit.org operates on an honor system, and it appears Adobe does now too. Since they are both trusting users to do the right thing, I think we should too.

We've been through this before. You are more than welcome to PM an admin and get your own curiosity satisfied. If you bring it up again, I will delete your post and you will likely be given a temp ban.

Do not reply to this post. Again, if you feel you are being treated unfairly, PM an admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom