If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Adobe CS2 Now Available for Free
f*ck
---------------------: My Fanedits :---------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

--------------------: Consecutions :--------------------
I take back everything nice I said
You're an adult. Just cope.
Curse you Q2
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Neglify Wrote:Curse you Q2

I just report the news.
[Image: 2519395009_No_time_to_explain_01_630x433...large.jpeg]
---------------------: My Fanedits :---------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

--------------------: Consecutions :--------------------
Well, I just read somewhere that Adobe would keep the download site open for a while and you can download as long as they are not used in commercial use, but I could be wrong, for some other article suggests that you shouldn't download and that Adobe merely use "honor system" when serving old customers.

And the download page no longer require registration makes me somewhat confused. I'm sorta worried that if it breaks rules for post the link here (not really warez site nor a spam site as far as I can tell, but an official one) but I think it's the only chance for some fan editors who don't have enough cash for Premiere Pro, and they could be REALLY MORE pricey in some region. :-(
It would be against the license agreement to install this software without owning a license. Any news agency that reported otherwise is wrong. A link to the download can be found in the front paged Forbes article by scrolling to the bottom.
Thanks for clearfying, wabid. My confusion mainly came from their change into "no registration required". Glad I didn't do something stupid that might get me banned on the first post.:-P
Personally I can't see why a link to adobe's official website would cause any problems. Ask Reave for clarification if you are still curious. Fanedit.org operates on an honor system, and it appears Adobe does now too. Since they are both trusting users to do the right thing, I think we should too.
wabid Wrote:Personally I can't see why a link to adobe's official website would cause any problems. Ask Reave for clarification if you are still curious. Fanedit.org operates on an honor system, and it appears Adobe does now too. Since they are both trusting users to do the right thing, I think we should too.

We've been through this before. You are more than welcome to PM an admin and get your own curiosity satisfied. If you bring it up again, I will delete your post and you will likely be given a temp ban.

Do not reply to this post. Again, if you feel you are being treated unfairly, PM an admin.