• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Spider-Man: Hero Within:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
STUFF I LIKED: - The way the first two movies were spliced together was quite extraordinary; very seamless indeed. - The romance between Peter and MJ had a lot of focus and it was done very well. - Pacing was very good; you definitely succeeded with the goal to make a properly structured movie with a normal runtime out of the trilogy. - I loved that cliffhanger ending with the venom substance! - Crystal clear video quality. STUFF I DISLIKED: - This is just a personal thing, but I do miss the goofiness of the trilogy. The jokey light-hearted tone was, for me, just part of why I like the series so much. Still, I understand removing the jokes for pacing reasons. - I didn't like the Spider-Man 3 scene with Gwen that was added in. It felt like a weird way to introduce the properly-suited Spider-Man. The edit would have been fine without that scene. - (Nitpick) Some of the cross-dissolve transitions were a bit distracting and didn't look very cinematic. OVERALL: This was a very ambitious edit; despite the fact that I like the series for its goofiness I could at least see what you were trying to do with it, and so for the most part Spider-Man: Hero Within was a very enjoyable watch.

More...

Top Bottom