If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Updates to IFDB
Q2 Wrote:Over the last couple days I've been preparing to update IFDB to the latest version. Several tests yielded a successful upgrade. Today I went ahead to upgrade the site and, of course, the migration of images didn't work. So if you visit IFDB images will be missing. It's known and no need to report it. It's been worked on and will hopefully be resolved soon.

Doh! Though you did just solve a question I have been wondering. I have my own little local FE database going using a program called Plex. http://www.plexapp.com/ I have been linking poster images to the IFDB image URLs and wasn't sure if the images were being saved locally or not, but since the images are still showing, I guess they are!
Projects Completed:
Matrix Revolutions - The Epic Edition
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Projects truly In the Works:
Star Trek (2009): Gem Edition

Projects kinda sorta conceptually In The Works:
Riddick: The Chronicles
Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi
Who Watches The Watchmen
Neglify Wrote:New feature added to Reviews. (Based on geminigod's discussion and reave's suggestion.)

At the end of the review, after the "Do you recommend this edit?" question, there is a new question.

"Format watched?"

DVD, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, MOV/AVI/etc (SD), MOV/AVI/etc (HD)

[Dopeness Monster gives you a high five.]
Projects Completed:
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen
geminigod Wrote:Doh! Though you did just solve a question I have been wondering. I have my own little local FE database going using a program called Plex. http://www.plexapp.com/ I have been linking poster images to the IFDB image URLs and wasn't sure if the images were being saved locally or not, but since the images are still showing, I guess they are!

I've been using Plex the last few weeks with a new media server I've got going. Loving it so far, though I wish it could play DRM encrypted files. That's not their fault, but the headache that is DRM. Overall, I really like the software a lot.
Q2 Wrote:I've been using Plex the last few weeks with a new media server I've got going. Loving it so far, though I wish it could play DRM encrypted files. That's not their fault, but the headache that is DRM. Overall, I really like the software a lot.

Sweet! Yeah its growing on me too, though I do have some complaints. I wish there were a way to link it to a 3rd party media player when I am trying to watch stuff on the server computer. The internal media player kinda sucks, and it down-coverts the video and audio even though there is no reason too since it isn't being streamed to another computer. Its not really a big deal at the end of the day. Just means I have to manually pull up the right file directory and manually mark stuff as watched in Plex.

Also I have issues on the PS3 if I pause for too long or try to fast foward or rewind.
Projects Completed:
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen
IFDB has been successfully updated, and the graphics issue has been resolved. The Advanced Search function broke during the update do to a change in the code, so that will be fixed in the coming days. Otherwise, if you spot anything out of the ordinary, please let us know.
Way to be the first to post a review, Neg. Oh, I see in your review here that you watched the DVD version! How very dope dope superdope of you!
Projects Completed:
The Two Towers Rebuilt

Who Watches The Watchmen
Added a new franchise option, "Marvel Cinematic Universe."
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators.