• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Scrooge: The Literary Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched this with my family on Christmas Day. It's been a couple years since I've seen the film, and much longer since I've read the book. Because of that I'm a little fuzzy on the original and what was cut, but suffice it to say there were no jarring cuts that brought attention to changes. Picture quality is what you'd expect from a 1951 film that hasn't been remastered. The transfer itself is fine for a standard release from this period. I did notice one video glitch where a black frame was missed between two cuts. Not major but it was there. I'm torn about some of the imperfect transitions and/or cuts that could have easily been corrected with today's software, but I assume Dwight Fry wanted to leave the film as much intact so I'm not marking off points for this as the imperfections weren't his doing but the original source. If I had been editing I probably would have corrected those jump frames at transitions. Again, personal choice. Audio editing was fine. Nothing noticeable. Overall enjoyment was 10. The edit moves along at a nice pace and nothing that was cut is missed. Nicely done!

More...

Back
Top Bottom