• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Spider-Man: Hero Within:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had the pleasure of watching Spiderman: Hero Within last night, and although the technical details are just about perfect, the narrative was a slight disappointment, but more on that later.Audio/Video Quality: Looked spectacular 10/10Visual Editing: Generally great, but the sudden dissolve about 51 minutes in is too quick and was a momentary distraction. Same goes for a similar transition at the 14 minute mark, when it dissolves from Peter web slinging for the first time to him walking home. Again, it feels fanedited and wasn't convincing. Those were the only problems I saw with the visual editing, the rest was amazing! 9/10Audio Editing: Just about perfect! 10/10Narrative: The first half hour was great, with a more focused origin story, but once Spiderman shows up (Excellent use of the crane sequence from Spiderman 3) the plot kinda wanders around for awhile until Doc Ock appears. In fact, after the first half there just wasn't really a consistent pace until the climax. I liked the new ending very much, but there wasn't much closure to the storyline however. Those gripes aside, I can say that the deletion of the overwhelming cast of useless side characters and subplots made this much more watchable. Nearly all the corny humor has been chopped (With the exception of J.J. Jameson), which makes for a darker and more serious film. Thankfully, the romance has been drastically simplified, which again works stronger than it did in the original. 7/10Enjoyment: Overall this is a solid and very original Spiderman edit, but the pacing during the second half was rather off-putting. STILL HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! 8/10Audio/Video Quality: 10/10Visual Editing: 9/10Audio Editing: 10/10Narrative: 7/10Enjoyment: 8/10

More...

Top Bottom