• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mortal Kombat: Blood Cut (working title)

scaperat

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to try something special with this one.

I want to try to make this more of a Martial Arts film and less of a video game movie, which mean cutting out lines like "fatality" and "flawless victory". I'm also going to give it a new aspect ratio of 2:35-40:1 like a martial arts film should be. Since this is a "matted" widescreen film, I'll be using both the fullscreen and widescreen versions of the movie, which means almost every shot is going to have a new composition. I'm also going to add a little more blood and gore from other films and try to match it to this film. A-B-A C-A-B-B.

I always found this interesting. From IMDB:
An HBO "first look" program showed an alternative death for Scorpion. Instead of exploding after the shield toss, he falls off a platform and onto a spike in an emulation of the classic pit death scene from the video game series.

Anybody who has that HBO first look with the alternate death sequence of Scorpion?

Perhaps a nice addition to your fanedit?

Also interesting from Mortal Kombat 2:
"Along with probably hours of unused fight scene footage, there have also been reports of a completely alternate ending to the film, where Shinnok is seen in the Netherealm conversing with the sorcerer Quan Chi, who is otherwise not seen in the film. All the ending consists of is Shinnok asking if everything is going according to plan, Quan Chi nods yes, and they both leave. This leaves things open for a third movie."

Oh man. I want that scorpion footage. Time for me to do some digging.

Yeah, that would really make your fancut something special :)

Sounds good. Sounds real good. And yes, please do find that alternate scene if at all possible.

I don't think I'm going to find that scene anywhere.

I checked my making of featurette on my dvd, but it didn't have that scene in it. I should watch the movie again, but did Shang Tsung face transform when he absorbed the first soul in the intro (Liu Kang's nightmare)? If not, then the mkaing has his face transforming into something demonlike.

I remember seeing the pitfall sequence way back when. Was it not in the trailer, too? I have the DVD as well. I'll see what's on it as i haven't watched it in a long time.

Sprug's decapitated head said:
I remember seeing the pitfall sequence way back when. Was it not in the trailer, too? I have the DVD as well. I'll see what's on it as i haven't watched it in a long time.
I have never seen it before unfortunately. I actually doubt it to be in a trailer. I can't imagine they would spoil the death of one of the most famous MK characters.

Any updates on this project?

I'm sure there are deleted scenes from the film that must exist somewhere - I believe they even had one of them in the trailer (Liu Kang shouts at Shang Sung "You can't run from me!" while Shang shouts back "I don't need to run!", which to my knowledge was never included in the film) - a link to that trailer can be seen at:

Also, there is going to be a "Limited Pressing" DVD release of the film available in Japan on December 7th - I don't know exactly what the extras will be on it, but it's going to be 16:9 anamorphic widescreen and feature both English 5.1 Dolby surround and English DTS surround: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ad-49-zh-70-2doy.html
:)

I didn't realize that those lines in the trailer weren't in the movie. Too late now. I'm finished with this edit. I don't think it would have made a difference anyway. It wouldn't have fit with the dialogue that's already there.

Scaperat

Mortal Kombat: The Blood Cut

True Fanedit

original film name: Mortal Kombat

film studio name: New Line Cinema.

Date Original Film Was Released: 1995

Date Edit Was Released: November 2007

Original Runtime: 101 mins.

New Runtime: 100 mins.

Amount of time Cut/Added: approx. 1m cut/ approx 30s added

Cuts removed/added/extended:

* New music in opening credits- "Can't Happen Here" by Stabbing Westward.

* Tsung snaps Chan's(Liu's brother) wrist off and it spews blood.

* Shang Tsung doesn't speak to Liu Kang in his nightmare.

* Sonya kills the gun wielding thug at the club instantly, she doesn't ask him any questions.

* Imperfections like ghosting, dust and scratches have been added to give it a "Grindhouse" look.

* Johnny Cage meets Liu Kang before meeting Art.

* Sonya doesn't look as goofy during her fight with Kano.

* The Phrases "Fatality" and "Flawless Victory" have been removed.

* The film now has a wider aspect ratio of about 2.10:1. Cover Art says 2.20:1; I was wrong.

* A few more seconds of Scorpion anticipating Cage's shadow kick.
Taken from an hour long program about the film.

* split-second cut of man impaled with spike, covered with maggots as Cage enters Scorpion's lair.

* When Sub-zero is impaled by the icicle, some animated blood gushes from his chest.

* Liu Kang performs a shorter bicycle kick.

* A few more cuts.

DVD - Features:

Menu
The movie
Fanedit trailer
46 minute behind the scenes featurette

Divx version (movie only) IN OLD-FASHIONED MONO

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

This new cut isn't meant to be an improvement over the original. This is more of a companion piece.

This edit is presented differently than the original. There are some deliberate imperfections and some other imperfections I kept
to stay with the "Grindhouse" theme. There is no denying that the games were inspired by old Kung fu movies so I think the grindhouse
look is appropriate. One big editing error I made was after Scorpion's head explodes, I added in another clip ofa corpse laying down
with his head still on fire; oh well. I also changed the aspect ratio because many old kung fu flicks had an AR of 2.35:1. This edit
isn't as wide (about 2.10:1), but still wider than the original. I also used both the fullscreen and widescreen versions to edit. I
used fullscreen because it's only semi-pan & scan; Many scenes looked open-matte. There are portions of the picture that you don't see in the
widescreen version. Not very important, but it is there. This version is also a little more violent and I labeled it "Not Rated".
There's enough gore and blood to give it an R. Some scenes were rearranged, too. Johnny meets Art after he meets Liu so when you see Art
in the next scene, it's like they actually continued the conversation. I didn't make this a double feature, but it would be cool to watch
this film and "Big Trouble In Little China" back to back.

Time needed for the edition: 4 days

DVD layout and features: cover art and cd label

persons involved: 1

Trailer: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3SKWPZGV

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/scabonface/MortKombBloodcover-b.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n20/scabonface/MortKomBloodcdlabel.jpg

I made a "Grindhouse" style audio for Blood cut Alternate Audio Track it sounds like an Old Theater house with echoy reverb & "dust" sounds it seems to work pretty well., let me know if yall want it

scaperat said:
I want to try something special with this one.

I want to try to make this more of a Martial Arts film and less of a video game movie, which mean cutting out lines like "fatality" and "flawless victory". I'm also going to give it a new aspect ratio of 2:35-40:1 like a martial arts film should be. Since this is a "matted" widescreen film, I'll be using both the fullscreen and widescreen versions of the movie, which means almost every shot is going to have a new composition. I'm also going to add a little more blood and gore from other films and try to match it to this film. A-B-A C-A-B-B.

i love the idea, with a "new" soundtrack this could be a masterpiece...
keep it up....

Back
Top Bottom