• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Arrow

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anybody watching this? If it lasts long enoug, it could be a good project for an editor. All of the island story could be put together. Also, would be fun to see it as a straight action flick with all of the soap-opera schlock removed.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes and I'm really enjoying it. I want to see where it goes before deciding some sort of film can be made.

Anyone note the 'Microsoft' hand in the episodes?

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh dude. Everytime the 'IT' girl shows up. Jeeeesus. Gratuitous Windows 8 shots are horrendous. I'm not sure whats worse....Apple symbols everywhere, or shots of Windows 8.

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm watching it, and I definitely think the stuff on the island is the best part of the show. Could make for a good Green Arrow origin movie.

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yah. I think so too. Kinda has that vibe that lost had. Hope it ends better!

Would make a pretty cool movie if the show lasts long enough to get a movie's worth of footage. I'm not so sure it won't be cancelled though.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Am definitely enjoying the series and agree that a TV edit could certainly work, especially with the Island aspect of the back story.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely one of my favorite new series.

What I like most about it is it feels like world building; the writers are taking their time creating this Universe from the founding/creation of the secret headquarters, to finding/building allies and creating a villain's gallery.

My hope by the end of the season, the writer's will close off the whole "Book of Names" gag, and evolve Ollie into a true superhero, as they hinted at in the Royal Flush Gang episode.

And as a huge DC Fanboy, I am loving the appearances of other characters from the DCU. Huntress story was pretty solid, if not a bit soapy. More Deathstroke in the future. And they have Roy Harper joining the series in the second half.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
been watching it so far. enjoying the stories that they are able to tell with this version of Green Arrow. the Huntress story is probably one of my favorites right now. and i also like the Dark Archer that Ollie's going up against. thought that was pretty cool.

would have to agree that there needs to be more Deathstroke. that's awesome news to hear that Roy Harper is joining in the second half of the season. the Royal Flush gang was pretty awesome too. this is so far my favorite version of Green Arrow (as much as I like Smallville, this one is much better than Smallville's version) it'll be cool to see more of the DCU come to Starling City too.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hooooooooooly shitballs, thanks to Netflix and the CW's own streaming services, after only a few short weeks I'm finally all caught up to this, and it's so effin awesome it's crazy. It may never produce a villain as classic as Ledger's Joker, but in just about every other aspect, it's absolutely blowing the Nolan Bat-trilogy, BB and TDKR especially, right oughta the water. And as much as I'm an MCU fanboy, and have faith that Agents of SHIELD will in time grow into something truly great as well (Arrow was never bad, but it's no knock against it to say it took some time and groundwork-laying to gain momentum), the Whedons and co. better start bringing it before too long, because this DC series is setting a hell of a salmon-ladder bar for them to live up to.

I don't know if Netflix has the first season streaming, but everybody here has just got to start watching this thing pronto. In its good, early years, Smallville was hitting home runs every two or three eps, but Arrow is hitting 'em just about every time, and I don't think there's been a single bad one yet. Tell your friends and your neighbors, your nannies and parole officers, your cats and your dogs, there's life in the DC brand yet! :-D

... And last week's episode: so shocking, so good. Oh, man!

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1st season IS streaming on Netflix. I just caught back up on Arrow also. I love the action and the island plot, but the soap opera filler absolutely drives me nuts. But of course that seems to be the way most of these action series seem to go nowadays (Sons of Anarchy comes to mind).

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome aboard Gaith!

Yes, I too love this series. Well most of it. It is definitely some of the best action tv I have seen produced in a long time. The Universe Building is excellent. The gallery of villains so far had been very well done. The Island subplot continues to build momentum. The creators have said they have definite 3 year plan to evolve Ollie from the Hood to the Arrow to finally Green Arrow.

There a few things I don't care for, mostly the typical CW soap stuff.... the actress playing Thea I completely dislike and so far I am not too sold on their version of Roy Harper yet.

But the season finale was brilliant. To actually have the villain WIN was a great and bold twist. And so far, season two has gotten off to a very strong start with the intro of Black Canary, Bronze Tiger and the League of Assassins. Plus, soon they will be introducing Barry Allen. I assume the constant background news reports of the Particle Accelerator will tie in with him becoming the Flash.

Though seriously, Ollie better start wearing a mask soon.... So far the only thing protecting his identity is poor lighting...LOL!

hhhmmmm.... I wonder if this thread should be moved to the TV Show Section?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
hhhmmmm.... I wonder if this thread should be moved to the TV Show Section?

Good call, thread moved.

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been with this from day one and absolutely love it. So far haven't convinced one real world friend to give it a try. It's lonely being an Arrow fan. Been thinking about stitching all the island stuff together to see what it looks like, as I absolutely love that. The island stuff is intended to be one season = one year on the island.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
But the season finale was brilliant. To actually have the villain WIN was a great and bold twist.
Half-won - he wasn't planning on dying or being publicly disgraced, and the damage was a fraction of the "thousands" of fatalities Moira anticipated. ;)

bionicbob said:
There a few things I don't care for, mostly the typical CW soap stuff.... the actress playing Thea I completely dislike
Aw, she's cute, I wish I had a cool little sister like that. And the soap stuff doesn't bother me one bit - I'll take CW romance soap over ultragrimdark BB/TDKR-style whingeing any day, and it makes the action more emotional when it comes (and there's more action per minute here than in any of Nolan's movies). And I still wanna know why Alfred completely and utterly failed get Bruce a dog after TDK, even if he had to pretend he was only doing it for himself at first. Seriously, just about the only thing Arrow's missing is a family German Shepherd, which Ollie really should get to keep Felicity company while he goes out on missions and she worries about him back at the lair. Speaking of which, here's an awesome S1 post from my other BBS:

Guy Gardener wrote:

"I like having you inside me."

Even the most conversationally awkward person in the universe would never say that.

That and walking in on Laurel...

Then breaking in on the family...

She's subtly introduced herself as the new girlfriend to the exgirlfriend and the entire family, and forced Oliver to think about having sex with her. That's some dark psy ops shit there.

If one or most of those bits happened on purpose, Felicity is playing the long game to marry a billionaire.

The notion of Felicity deliberately planning to set herself up as Ollie's little-sister-ish Girl Wednesday only to scoop him up and seduce him several seasons down the road when he realizes that no one, even Laurel, can ever fully "get" him like she does is so off-the-wall hilarious I'd genuinely love to see it actually happen. "Some dark psy ops shit there" indeed! :lol:

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh god! I have the biggest crush on Felicity. :faint:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Felicity is the new Chloe. :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I find the comparisons between ARROW and the Dark Knight interesting, as Green Arrow was originally just another Batman knock off when he originally appeared.

He was a millionaire playboy. He had the Arrow Car. The Arrow Plane. The Arrow Cave. He had a teenage ward and sidekick.
He was a happy fun loving trick arrow shooting superhero.

Then in the early 1970s he was reinvented. He lost his fortune. Grew a goatee. Got a way cooler costume. Switched from the Right to the Left. Started dating Black Canary. Went on the road with Green Lantern. Bickered constantly with Hawkman, often calling him a fascist. His sidekick Speedy turned into a heroin junkie. This is to me the classic, definitive Green Arrow.

In the 1980s, Mike Grell took Green Arrow into new, darker, grim and gritty directions. Giving him a new costume which is very similar to the current show. The trick arrows were gone. Ollie was more of a hunter and often used lethal force against his enemies. He was also more fallible. He cheated on Black Canary. Shado became a significant character. Most interesting, in a medium where characters are eternally 29 years old, Ollie was written as an older character, clearly in his 40s.

After Grell departed, Green Arrow sort of went through a turmoil period where DC was not sure what to do with him. Eventually they killed him and replaced him with his son Conner Hawke. Then in 2001 Kevin Smith resurrected Ollie in the excellent Quiver storyline.

I also find it interesting how the tv series is using Wilson Slade aka DEATHSTROKE. As Deathstroke was primarily the antagonist for the New Teen Titans through the 80s and 90s. It was in the recent mini IDENTITY CRISIS that Green Arrow and Deathstroke first faced off against each other (at least as far as I know of....?) and the confrontation was incredible, with Ollie shoving an arrow into Slade's eye! A Classic Comic Book Moment!

So I am very curious what elements the producers of the Arrow show will cherry pick for their new mythology. So far, I am really digging everything they are doing. :)

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Then in the early 1970s he was reinvented. He lost his fortune. Grew a goatee. Got a way cooler costume. Switched from the Right to the Left. Started dating Black Canary. Went on the road with Green Lantern. Bickered constantly with Hawkman, often calling him a fascist. His sidekick Speedy turned into a heroin junkie. This is to me the classic, definitive Green Arrow.

Yup that's my Green Arrow too. I'm hoping they eventually take the show in that direction. Have him lose his fortune (and family). Make him live in the slum like he had to back in the 70s.

Top Bottom