• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Miami Vice - Go Fast Edition by Gekko

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tagline: When you live on both sides of the law, how far is too far?

Original film name: Miami Vice
New film name: Miami Vice (Go-Fast Edition)
Film studio name: Universal Pictures
Edit crew name: geKKo
Date original film was released: July 28, 2006
Date edit was released: August 25, 2007
Original runtime: 2h 13m (without credits)
New runtime: 1h 32m
Amount of time Cut/Added: 41 minutes

Cuts removed/added/extended:
- Removed group talk with Nicholas.
- Removed Tubbs/Trudy sex scene.
- Removed Jackson Pollock speech.
- Removed Tubbs/Trudy talking at diner.
- Removed Crockett/Isabella in Cuba
- Removed Crockett/Tubbs talk in the hangar.
- Lots of other minor cuts to improve pacing. In total, over 70 cuts!
+ Remixed intro title sequence with original theme song from TV show.
+ Added Crockett's Theme during ride to safehouse.

Video details:
Video: 768 x 404, H.264, 1900kbps
Audio: 48kHz, AAC, 128kbps, Stereo

Additional Comment:
Most of the romantic stuff between Crockett and Isabella have been minimized. You can still see something developing between them, but we don't see them sharing their life stories over mojitos in Cuba. The romantic storyline between Tubbs and Trudy has also been minimized. Whether they're seeing each other or not is no longer clear (is it part of their cover or is it real?). When Trudy gets hurt, Tubbs stays with her at the hospital, so that implies there's something more between them. Gina, Trudy, Switek, and Zito are still around but don't have many lines. A lot of the "talky" scenes have been trimmed to keep the pace up.

The new intro uses the old theme song from the TV show using footage from the go-fast boat race.

There actually isn't a whole lot of action in this movie to begin with, but at 92 minutes it's a much leaner, more intense ride.

Download links:
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Baah i hated the original and loved the series on tv, but heres some questions:

A lot of the "talky" scenes have been trimmed to keep the pace up.....

But are there any storyline left at all then?
and what obout the Continuity?

in other words, does it still make sense or is it just a long chase with action in it now?

the story in my edit should still make sense even if you have never seen the original film. but it will have a different feel because some of the character interactions that were in the original were cut out. whether those cuts improved on the original or not is for you to decide.

Just watched the .mov ... a very good edit, but it seems to be cropped down from 2.35 to 16:9, resulting in some awkward shots. :)

Gaith said:
Just watched the .mov ... a very good edit, but it seems to be cropped down from 2.35 to 16:9, resulting in some awkward shots. :)

Gekko did this with the Watchmen I believe, cutting off some title cards and credits. I have no idea why he did this, it really makes no sense.

gekko does not like black bars obviously. He did this many times. And he does not take much care if the focus is wrong caused by that.

Right, I was going to watch that Watchmen, until I read about the cropping! Didn't realize it was the same editor.

Anyone got any links for this still they could PM to me? Would love to see it as dont' mind parts of the original just needed an edit. thanks

bondukkevin said:
Anyone got any links for this still they could PM to me? Would love to see it as dont' mind parts of the original just needed an edit. thanks
Anyone?Thanks

Back
Top Bottom