• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pacific Rim

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Next year is starting to look like an amazing year for blockbusters.

The trailer looks kinda meh to me at this point. but we will see. Don't really feel anything about this movie so far. It looks very anime inspired to me (not that this is a bad thing, but to be honest i don't like anime at all, with very, very few exceptions) with some Power Ranger influences in it (Don't like that one either) and with also Godzila-like monsters thrown into the mix. I would rather prefer to see Del Toro doing Hellboy 3 (That would be awesome!). Well i guess i am not the in the target crowd for this one.

*is it just me, or that robot female voice sounds exactly like GLaDOS from the Portal game?

g1orkatsos said:
*is it just me, or that robot female voice sounds exactly like GLaDOS from the Portal game?

Noticed that too, eh? She's not listed on IMDB but I'm 99.9% sure that's her.

d33.jpg

If the robots use Portal technology at all, this movie would transcend awesome.

I've been wanting to see this for awhile. I'm holding out on watching any trailers until I see the film itself.

I guess I'll see how long it takes me to cave in.

g1orkatsos said:
The trailer looks kinda meh to me at this point. but we will see. Don't really feel anything about this movie so far. It looks very anime inspired to me (not that this is a bad thing, but to be honest i don't like anime at all, with very, very few exceptions) with some Power Ranger influences in it (Don't like that one either) and with also Godzila-like monsters thrown into the mix. I would rather prefer to see Del Toro doing Hellboy 3 (That would be awesome!). Well i guess i am not the in the target crowd for this one.

Ditto with your thoughts about the trailer. Seemed very transformer-ish Hollywood fleh. I love giant monster films (well good ones anyway). At the very worst this could be "stupid entertainment", but not much more than that

P: I knew I had heard Charlie Hunnams (Jax from sons of anarchy) voice in the trailer I saw

For some reason I feel like Pacific Rim has preemptively bested the new Godzilla film.

I can't wait for this. It was post-converted to 3d though so be wary of the 3d.

You know, I kinda wish this movie had a different, more descriptive title. I still have hopes for this movie (especially after Man of Steel),but I just wish the film had a title worth of what the trailers are selling. A title like "Canceling the Apocalypse" or the like.

When I first saw the trailer, i thought it was a movie remake of the old Ultraman show.

skyled said:
I can't wait for this. It was post-converted to 3d though so be wary of the 3d.

Really? In the trailer I kept thinking this was the best 3D I have ever seen.

by the title alone, i'm expecting a documentary about volcanoes. . . or economic exchanges between asia and the americas.

If this is the closest thing we're gonna get to a live action Evangelion movie, count me in. Which reminds me i'm still waiting for the english dvd release of the 3rd Evangelion movie.

revel911 said:
Really? In the trailer I kept thinking this was the best 3D I have ever seen.

Well they said they spent much much longer on the post conversion than they regularly do. Del Toro was against shooting in 3d because he said the scale of the robots was so big that moving the camera would create almost no parallax for scale. He was persuaded to post convert though, probably because of studio threats...

I don't see movies in 3d so I really don't care. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up that if the 3d is terrible, you know why.

Omaru1982 said:
If this is the closest thing we're gonna get to a live action Evangelion movie, count me in. Which reminds me i'm still waiting for the english dvd release of the 3rd Evangelion movie.

The movie obviously took a cue from the episode Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win! and I'm perfectly ok with that. Inspired by Eva is better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom