• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Batman: Descent Into Mystery:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me what makes a great fanedit is to offer the viewer an alternative to the original and not to replace it. The Batman film of 89 will always have a special place for me, I still have memories of the large cues which stretched around the cinema, and the news paper clippings I collected made it one of the most anticipated films for me. This was also one of the first films in the UK that carried a 12 certificate and being around 10 or 11 at the time I had to wait until the end of its run before my father took me to see it (the age restriction limit was a lot tougher back then) So looking at Dwights cultist there wasn't a lot on there that I felt made it a bad film, I mean the relationship between Bruce and Vicki didn't bother me nor did Batman killing The Jokers goons. I've never been a big comic book reader so the idea of making this Batman closer to his origins again wasn't greatly appealing. However with that being said I go back to my opening sentence for me a great fanedit offers the viewer an alternative to the original and this is a great fanedit. Having watched a work print version a while I recall switching off the edit and started to flick through the original and to my surprise I couldn't believe how much footage had been removed without me missing it. This is a film I’ve seen countless number of times during the years and to see a version that removes the love relationship between two main characters so well done and is the highlight of this edit. Even some of the joker scenes most notably the museum section which I really liked I didn't particularly miss. This is because the edit doesn’t suffer from any obvious cuts and keeps the flow and the pace of the film at a fast pace. The only negative for me was the use of the flashback scene in which Bruces parents are killed, it left me a little confused as to whether Bruce knows that Jack/Joker is the man responsible for their deaths. I put this down mainly to myself not being able to fully detach myself from the original film, but I do fell the scene wasn't necessary. Overall I can only backup what over people have said about this edit not only is it one of the best edits of the year but will be remembered as one of the best edits of all time. I now look at my original batman copy as a extended version but it will be a hard decision to make when it comes to watching Batman again. The short edit The Killing Joke by Blueyoda is also a welcome highlight.

More...

Back
Top Bottom