• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Avengers Initiative, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Though superhero films have been around for a while it wasn't until the X-Men that it became a genre all of its own. While there's been more misses than hits Marvel studios has shown just what can be done in terms of building a superhero universe on the big screen. With Iron Man Marvel studios started what would become a cinematic universe combing all five films into one large story leading into one of the most enjoyable cinematic experiences I’ve had with the release of The Avengers. Sunarep edit split into two parts interweaving a complicated plot which results with the formation of The Avengers. These two edits are a good way of watching the films within a short space time, with all the characters and events happening the way they should. However it leads to certain characters being off screen for along time and when they reappear you have to pick up a story that was left off maybe 20min ago. This isn't a criticism towards the edit it's just how the story has to play out when viewing it as hole. Part 2 suffers from a lack of Tony Stark / Iron Man I felt the scene between him and General Ross could have been included along with Marvel One Shot the consultant if anything just to give him a little more screen time but also he is the biggest piece in the Marvel jigsaw puzzle it should have maybe ended with him. Part 2 also suffers from a lack of editing as it's basically the last 40mins of Thor and The Hulk with a little interweaving at the start. Again not a criticism against the edit it's just how the story pans out but maybe a few bolder editing decisions could have been made to bring the story down to around 3½ hour mark. Steve Rodgers / Captain America introduction is well done making good use of some deleted footage from The Avengers. Overall the edit doesn't suffer from not knowing certain characters origins or background as I've seen these films so many times now I’m able to fill in the parts that are missing. The main focus of the edit is how the team came together and overall an edit filled with superheroes taking on their foes can only be entertaining

More...

Back
Top Bottom