• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: War of the Stars II: The Future in Motion:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is, possibly, my favorite fan edit of all time. (It gets stiff competition from Slark's Doc Savage, but that's another story for another day.) Beyond being a great edit, it is also a fantastic film in it's own right. It takes everything that is good about the Star Wars universe and mashes it up against everything that is good about bloody, messy, self-indulgent cinema. Without giving too much away, Bobba Fett plays a much bigger role in this film than he did in the originals, and that's Awesome. There were a few scenes where the Audio was different enough from the vocals to be distracting, but not distracting enough to detract from my enjoyment of the film. A conversation between Luke and Yoda comes to mind, but it is easy enough to overlook. In fact the only real moment that suffers heavily from this is Leah's last line. ("It's not like that") I can live with the flaws, and I've seen worse in commercial movies (especially when they try to bowdlerize expletives for television) so I won't dock him too many points for that. The story itself is fresh. It is surprising, it catches your attention. Some of the choices that were made are so inspired that I found myself wondering why Lucas hadn't done them to begin with. Simply put, this edit took some of my favorite moments from the history of cinema and combined them in a way that makes perfect sense, to tell a dark and gruesome story that left me wanting more. And the ending, well, that was a hell of a punch.

More...

Top Bottom