• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt2

Hey! Y'all speak respectfully of my girl, y'hear?! :-D

But why oh why is she doing her Yank accent?! :p

I don't know. But she did seem to revert back to her English accent at certain points though. Still, very nice indeed.

geminigod said:
The only vampire mythos I have much respect for is Anne Rice's Vampire novels beginning with Interview With a Vampire.
Underworld does a good job also in the first movie. They both address well the most fascinating part to me about vampire mythos, which is the question, "What would a person who has lived for thousands of years be like?"
I'mma let you finish, but 'I Am Legend' is the best Vampire story of all time.

I've actually seen the first four movies but only when Rifftrax was available. However, seeing how I've only ever seen them with Riffs, I can't really make any comment other than that I'm quite certain they suck. However, I surprisingly have high hopes for pt.2 since both of my go-to critics essentially say that the 5th film has turned into a parody of what the first 4 films played straight, and that, if not for the Avengers, would have one of the best action sequences of the year, and how I wish that were hyperbole.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vj_9BhD6mfscKqDLw&sig2=e_E_IdcUB_eKtKz7e2MwLA

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...-movies/6525-Twilight-Breaking-Dawn-Part-Two#

Shit man I had a lot of those refillable tubs back in the 90s. And the 711 "Collector's Cups" that would come out with certain movies.

juice4z0 said:
The only thing about twilight i know is that the vampires twinkle in the day light.

Vampires dont fucking SPARKLE!!!!

they're care bear vampires.

I keep thinking I should give the first Twilight a look, despite most people who aren't teenage girls hating the franchise. I mean, I liked the first series of Vampire Diaries, so who knows, maybe I would like it. But I just can't bring myself to do it :D

Stop.-Dont-Do-It.-Stay-Away.3.jpg

Nic Stiz said:
I've actually seen the first four movies but only when Rifftrax was available. However, seeing how I've only ever seen them with Riffs, I can't really make any comment other than that I'm quite certain they suck. However, I surprisingly have high hopes for pt.2 since both of my go-to critics essentially say that the 5th film has turned into a parody of what the first 4 films played straight, and that, if not for the Avengers, would have one of the best action sequences of the year, and how I wish that were hyperbole.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vj_9BhD6mfscKqDLw&sig2=e_E_IdcUB_eKtKz7e2MwLA

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...-movies/6525-Twilight-Breaking-Dawn-Part-Two#

Man I was all prepared to rip on this series, but now I kinda want to see the finale it theaters without having seen the last 3. Thanks a lot.

Anyone even thinking of indulging in this pap - just either watch the Hunger Games(for a teen book translation) or watch True Blood(for a great take on Vampirism). Or both, I don't care - just don't encourage the Twilight.

Did you look at those reviews? They said if Avengers wasn't released, Twilight would have the best action finale of any movie this year.

I'll put it this way: The twilight movies biggest issue and it continues with this one is the horrible pacing. All the movies drag on and on for the first half to three quaters of the films. The movies need more arc and an arc that is longer. If these problems were to be solved, they'd probably be tolerable.

wabid said:
Did you look at those reviews? They said if Avengers wasn't released, Twilight would have the best action finale of any movie this year.
Only one of those says so, and, having read spoilers regarding that sequence, I call bull****. Amazing Spider-Man had a pretty good action climax, and while I haven't yet seen Skyfall, no way does any Pattinson action sequence beat any Craig one. :p

I mean, not only does Edward not die, it's all a hallucination anyway. Fail! :)

Gaith if I am going to see a special effects bonanza it doesn't really matter if
it was all a daydream. I have no vested interest in the plot of twilight, I just want to see a half hour of vampire decapitations.

Check out these interviews with Robert Pattinson

Wow, that video is awesome! I'd heard Pattinson wasn't nuts about the whole thing, but I didn't know he was that blase/funny about it. The bit about the contacts was great. :lol:

But he'll still never beat Craig in action. :p

Gaith said:
Wow, that video is awesome! I'd heard Pattinson wasn't nuts about the whole thing, but I didn't know he was that blase/funny about it. The bit about the contacts was great. :lol:

But he'll still never beat Craig in action. :p

While it is kinda funny to see Pattinson not care about the series, someone I follow on Twitter shined a sobering light on this kind of thing:

Jesu Otaku said:
I'm not as ecstatic about this as most people because Pattinson does come off as a twat rather than a--less whiny hater, but it's still pretty hilarious. We agree with him, but you probably shouldn't agree with his attitude. Like the "hurr they probably didn't pay me enough" and lack of compliments for anyone in the cast sharing his plight...? Fuck you dude.

But his admission of the bad performance and the bad writing are great. XD Whether he should be saying it or not. Still: we give Shia Lebeouf no quarter for bitching about the bad movies he was in, blaming them on other people. Pattinson doing it is--not cool either, even if it is genuinely awful material. Nothing cool about being an immature prat when avoiding it is easy/you're rich.

I get that he *had* to be in the movies, even if he didn't want to, I get him being bitter...but there is a middle ground between--saying "this material is awful and this role is bullshit" and saying "man, fuck everything about these movies, people, everything." t's not about [lying to satisfy] random strangers, it's about all of his coworkers/peers/potential employers/viewers who see that. You want career suicide, seeing an actor lambast the crew/cast on someone else's movie makes you not want to hire him in yours. It's fun for US to watch, but it's not laudable behavior. You should never imitate it. Granted, he has "fuck you" money, he could just--quit acting and live modestly and be fine, but if he wants to continue a career, what he's doing is immature. That's all I'm sayin.

Yeah yeah, it's nothing but funny for us, I don't know. I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective no one else is considering because--it's a very real one for him and it says to me that Pattinson is an immature prat who doesn't get when to keep his mouth shut. [Essentially,] he's winning the mild adulation of people who don't want to see him have a career. Connnnngrats, dude!

Unfortunately, this does include me. I've yet to see him impress as an actor, so I don't care what he does with his career. I only wanted to point out: In a professional entertainment position/situation...do not emulate...this man.

I dunno, I don't really side with your friends argument. It is clear he hates this series and what it represents in Hollywood. I can respect him for that. I am guessing the other actors on set don't share his disdain which alienates him. I think it is perfectly fine that he is a hater and part of the group mocking the series.

OR this is a clever marketing ploy. Pattinson mocks the series in the open so as to align with the haters and make them hate the series less, and even maybe go see it because they no longer hate him. The act serves to scare away 0 twihards but gain haters as viewers. Where is Conspiracy Keanu?

I bet this attitude impresses the smaller independent arthouse filmmakers that he would prefer to have roles with. If he wants a job with an uncompromising director like PT Anderson or Melnick the best thing he can do is denounce Twilight. Sure Michael Bay might not cast him, but it seems like that would probably be ok with him.

Metrostar said:
She made me watch Finding Nemo a few weeks back. But in return she watched Cabin In The Woods.

Nice, you get to see a great movie and then your GF has to watch a cool movie.

geminigod said:
The only vampire mythos I have much respect for is Anne Rice's Vampire novels beginning with Interview With a Vampire.

So much respect you get the name wrong... :p

Jesu Otaku said:
Still: we give Shia Lebeouf no quarter for bitching about the bad movies he was in, blaming them on other people
Uh... I sure do. :p

Jesu Otaku said:
t's not about [lying to satisfy] random strangers, it's about all of his coworkers/peers/potential employers/viewers who see that.

Chances are his peers and coworkers feel the same way about the series. Maybe a few love the material, but do you really think the make-up people, the ADs, all the nuts and bolts crew of the thing give a crap about the books? I doubt it. Besides, that questions about who made the experience most rewarding was pretty obviously an attempt to get him to talk about Kristen, so by making faces and refusing to say anything, he was pretty cannily trolling her, IMO. And if his peers/coworkers need to watch publicity-circuit interviews to tell if they're friends with him... then they probably aren't anyway.

Not guilty, says I. :)

Back
Top Bottom