• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wing Commander: Countdown to Invasion

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Main entry on fanedit.org: http://fanedit.org/wpTF/?p=365

what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): True Fanedit

Trailer: http://www.astrophe.com/wingcommandertrailer.wmv

original film name: Wing Commander
new film name : Wing Commander: Countdown to Invasion
film studio name : 20th Century Fox
edit crew name : lewis886
Date Original Film Was Released : March 12, 1999
Date Edit Was Released : August 19, 2007
Original Runtime : 100 min
New Runtime : 71 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 29 cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :

-Removed "tiff" between Marshall & Taggert on way to Tiger Claw
-Removed hangar scene where Blair sits in dead pilot's ship
-Removed mess hall scenes where Marshall introduces them & later with argument about dead pilot, & hallway scene after
-Removed "fancy flying & landing" scene with Forbes & Marshall
-Removed "girl talk" scene with Forbes & Deveroux
-Deveroux does not question Blair about whether the Kilrathi spotted her
-Removed last half of Blair & Deveroux scene where Deveroux talks about parents
-Removed bedroom scene with Marshall & Forbes
-Removed Forbes & Marshall turning back to fight more, & Forbes crashing, & confrontation scene with Deveroux after
-Removed celebration and "ssshh" moment in bombing scene
-The hull breach is sealed much faster and Blair doesn't almost get sucked out, & Marshall doesn't get hurt saving him
-Removed talk with Blair & Deveroux about Marshall
-Removed "confidence booster" scene with Deveroux & Marshall
-Removed scene where Blair turns back from mission and talks to Deveroux in escape pod
-Removed Kilrathi ship chasing Blair after jump and getting sucked into pulsar (there are no pulsars in our solar system)
-Re-arranged many scenes in the final battle to place emphasis on blair getting info to fleet, & fleet stopping kilrathi
-Tried to put climax of movie back on the destruction of the kilrathi fleet by slowing down battle shots & splitting them
up to make it seem longer, and by putting main theme music in final battle
-Trimmed down "saving Deveroux" scene at end to try to make it seem less important than final battle

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):

Stereo Audio
Scene Selection Menu
Trailers for this and 8 other fanedits.

Your intention for this fanedit:

To remove most of the "Top Gun meets Melrose Place" aspects and focus the story
more on defeating the coming invation. To move the climax of the film back to on stopping the Kilrathi fleet and not
on saving Deveroux.

Your way to achieve your intention:

Cut out the Mess Hall scenes where pilots are bantering and then fighting.
Remove the sideplots and badly done love story aspects. Mainly removing things that don't contribute to the
main plot of stopping the Kilrathi invasion.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):

AMD 2500+

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Here is my review:

Thumbs up, and would suggest this for approval as far as I am concerned :)

It has been a while since I have seen this film. I picked up a copy of it to compare the cuts, but have yet to rewatch the original. I think that lewis has achieved his goal here in making the movie focused on the invasion. We all know that this was not a great movie to begin with, but it is now more enjoyable, or at least more tolerable :) most of the cheese has been successfully cut out. There were a couple one-liners that I would have still chopped off, but all in all well done. Without watching the original recently, the edits were unnoticeable to me, so the editing was well done imo.

video quality was very clear and not milky at all, and the audio seemed well mixed too. I am not a fan of the score for this film and would have like to seen (or rather heard) a change here, but that was not the intent of this edit.

well done. i recommend this for some light enjoyable sci-fi action

glad you liked it, throw :)
thanks for the kind words.

this is approved to go on fanedit.org
18596830yi7.png

woohooooo
my first finished edit up on the main fanedit.org site......
i know i'm a big dork but that's kind of exciting ;) i've been
on here for so long and that's the first thing i've actually released.
is good to have something out there :smile:

now if i can just finish that stupid RotE edit lol

yes, you really got a BIG one there, lewis... and a tough one.

WOOOHOOOOO
check out the top article on the http://www.wcnews.com site today ;)
oh yeah... an article on my wing commander edit ;)
might get a few hits now ;) and it all only leads more people
here ;)

very cool lewis

great promotion. Reminds me to what I did with deZIONized and Kirkless Generations. That's the way to do it. Go to other forums about your fanedited movies and post about it. Some will love the idea, some will hate it, but you for sure will get noticed.

maybe more will do this...never thought of that idea promots the edit and FE.

and that they stick around afterwards and see all the other great fanedits we have around here, and how freaking cool fanediting can be ;)

well... i don't know if a bunch of them are downloading the edit... but wow are they watching the trailer.... checked this morning... and i've had 1.5 GB in downloads just for my trailer in the past couple of days... and it's only an 11mb file!!! ;) wooohoooo happened right after the news announcement thing went up on there.... before that the trailer wasn't even in the top 10 downloads by either size or # of hits... now it's tops in both ;) let's hear it for the wing commander forum ;)

wow.... 42 completed torrent downloads so far ;)
and nex told me there were about 6 rapidshare downloads....
i just can't believe that many people have downloaded this thing.
not complaining though ;) woohooo

so has anyone checked it out yet? what do you think of what i did?
certainly wasn't a great movie to begin with, that's for sure ;) but
i think i improved it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom