• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (NON-SPOILER)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"In a move that's sure to spawn a good deal of polite and substantial discourse on these here internets, Disney has announced that it has purchased Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion and stock. Kathleen Kennedy will be promoted to President of Lucasfilm, and will report to current Disney chair Alan Horn."

And then there's this: the studio is targeting 2015 for the release of a seventh STAR WARS film.
(...)

Key is Lucas's statement that "it's now time for me to pass STAR WARS on to a new generation of filmmakers." Expect new STAR WARS films every two to three years from 2015 forward.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59381

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn, a thread too late.. ;)
(but with the good title!)

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How much quality can we expect with that schedule?

They did iron man 2, two years after part one and we all know how that turned out

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Avengers 2, Justice League movie (possibly) and Episode 7... during the same summer...
explosion.jpg

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Using the Thrawn Trilogy as a basis, I think this could be adapted easily and produced quickly. My guess is the time frame is short because they want to use Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fischer before anything happens to them, or they get too old to do anything even slightly reminiscent of their characters.

As I said in the other thread, Disney did amazingly well with Pirates of the Carribean (ignoring the 4th one). Move something similar to that trilogy into space, you've got yourself something way better than the PT, at the least.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What NSP said. If they stuck with the Thrawn series it could be amazing. But, I do think it might be tough for Ford these days. He's 70 at the moment.

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
What NSP said. If they stuck with the Thrawn series it could be amazing. But, I do think it might be tough for Ford these days. He's 70 at the moment.

If Arnold can do another conan movie i think ford can handle a little solo action. I mean he did just do indy 4 not too long ago

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm up for SW7. Non-Lucas - there's every possibility it could be half-decent. Or am I dreaming?:p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ford will never return to SW. And as much as I love the Thrawn trilogy - which is as much as I love the OT - there's just not a whole lot of character arcs for the Big Three, which is really as it should be, but I don't think that'd translate to three movies too well. Definitely spooked am I.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
"In a move that's sure to spawn a good deal of polite and substantial discourse on these here internets

:jaw:I is ROFL :lol:

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Ford will never return to SW. And as much as I love the Thrawn trilogy - which is as much as I love the OT - there's just not a whole lot of character arcs for the Big Three, which is really as it should be, but I don't think that'd translate to three movies too well. Definitely spooked am I.

I think mixed with Rogue Sqaudron books, you could easily get a good story arc for 3 movies.

My problem is as someone else stated earlier, the original cast's age. They are far too old for this series which means they will have to recast people we love.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish they would distance the new films from Lucas'. Maybe adapt Knight of the Old Republic (Still the best game ive ever played).

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They have to attach it to George's films to build the link between "mainstream" Star Wars and Disney. After that, KOTOR would be a great place to take things. Wisely though, I think they're trying to avoid putting out random space films that cameo Jedi/Lightsabers and labeling them "Star Wars", which a lot of companies trying to capitalize quickly might do.

Top Bottom