• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Paranormal Activity Chronology

This is almost a year old and why is it the first I'm hearing of it? I wish they'd go into more detail about the new additions, especially to part 3 considering how much from the trailer was actually missing from the final film. I don't know why they don't release this to DVD and/or Blu-Ray, I'd certainly pick it up. And I don't like that this is only available as a digital download, and for around 25$ at that. If I'm going to pay that kinda money I want a physical copy. No way am I shilling out that kinda dough for a digital only file.

Frantic Canadian said:
This is almost a year old and why is it the first I'm hearing of it? I wish they'd go into more detail about the new additions, especially to part 3 considering how much from the trailer was actually missing from the final film. I don't know why they don't release this to DVD and/or Blu-Ray, I'd certainly pick it up. And I don't like that this is only available as a digital download, and for around 25$ at that. If I'm going to pay that kinda money I want a physical copy. No way am I shilling out that kinda dough for a digital only file.

second taht i wouldn't mind paying again for part 1-3 if it were presented like this in a physical form...

but i must say cudos to the team thinking of new ways to promote the movies

First world problems.

$25 for three movies doesn't sound outrageous to me. And you can always burn it to physical media.

TV's Frink said:
First world problems.

$25 for three movies doesn't sound outrageous to me. And you can always burn it to physical media.

welll considering 25$ for 3 movies i already own which are propably now worth 20-25$ is too much for just a download imo

TV's Frink said:
First world problems.

Sure. I could burn it to physical media. But seeing as it's a 4.5 hour movie my guess is that it wouldn't fit on a SL disc so I'd have to go out and buy a spindle of DL discs, which I don't buy because I have no use for them and they're rather expensive. Then I'd have to figure out how to break the DRM, as I'm sure breaking the DRM on a digital file isn't the same as breaking the copy protection on a DVD. Not to mention I'd have to convert the digital file to DVD, which would take quite a while I'm sure, seeing as it's a 4.5 hour movie. And when all is said and done that 25$ dollar digital download would end up costing me 75-100$ (25$ for the download and 50-75$ for the DL discs) or more if I have to purchase software to break the DRM.

Weigh that against the cost of buying a physical copy, using DVD Decrypter to break the copy protection, not having to go out and buy blank discs, the time saved by not having to convert it to DVD, so yeah, a physical copy is much better in this scenario.

You guys are hilarious.

Just being practical Frink. ;) Who wants to go through all that trouble if the option of an official physical copy is available? And I didn't even think about the price conversion. That 25$ is American, who knows how much it'd be in Canadian funds. And there's no breakdown of all the new scenes so a blind buy double-dip isn't exactly appealing.

Frantic Canadian said:
And when all is said and done that 25$ dollar digital download would end up costing me 75-100$ (25$ for the download and 50-75$ for the DL discs) or more if I have to purchase software to break the DRM.

I'll sell you some DL discs for $49.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130954

But yeah, first world problem or not, for $25 I gotta have some physical media.

It's still basically three movies, right?

TV's Frink said:
It's still basically three movies, right?

Basically yes. With extra footage not available on the current DVDs or Blu-rays.

Then $25 is more than reasonable.

Keep in mind, I love physical media. The only movies I've ever downloaded have been fanedits. All my originals are physical. But at a shade over $8 a movie, I don't see how one could complain about the price.

Then again, I'm more reasonable than some people. :p

To play the role of Canadian's Advocate here:

$25 is a huge gamble in my eyes. The site I linked to (here) talks a little bit about some of the extra footage.

- [In PA3] One scene in particular involving some nocturnal molestation is especially creepy, and other scenes that were once just "there" now have a spooky payoff that was missing from other cuts of the movie.
- In terms of new stuff for Paranormal Activity 2, an exorcism scene between Martine and Kristi has been added to the flick's finale and two other scenes from that particular extended cut (the hot tub and the fire scene) are now absent.

That ain't worth $25, unless you don't own any of the movies or are too lazy to re-edit the films yourself. If you already own even 1 of the movies it would cost less to buy the DVDs/BDs of the other 2, as they are all $10 a pop on Amazon.

If you own all 3 movies already you can easily make your own chronological edit over the weekend, or even in 1 day.

The only real added bonus to this are those deleted scenes, but with this franchise, deleted/extended scenes are a crapshoot.

What Neg said. And Frink. If these were full DVD's or Blu-Ray's that we could download and then burn I wouldn't mind as much, although a little more detail on the new content would be nice, but these are basically just rips. Why pay full price for something that's about a third the quality?

I give up.

The fact that this is a fanedit, which was the original point, is really cool.

TV's Frink said:
I give up.

tumblr_max8615wKm1r91cn2o1_500.gif

I wouldn't call this a fan edit if it's made by the guys who made the movies. That would be like calling Peter Jackson's LOTR extended editions, or any officially created alternate cut for that matter, fan edits. I think it's cool that they've released a "complete" chronology of these films, but the fact that they're not releasing any real information about the new content, and that they're making this a download-only release really sucks.

Frantic Canadian said:
I wouldn't call this a fan edit if it's made by the guys who made the movies. That would be like calling Peter Jackson's LOTR extended editions, or any officially created alternate cut for that matter, fan edits. I think it's cool that they've released a "complete" chronology of these films, but the fact that they're not releasing any real information about the new content, and that they're making this a download-only release really sucks.
drcyW.jpg

^I don't get it.

Found the trailer for this thing, and wouldn't you know it? None of the footage in the trailer is new.

Back
Top Bottom