If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Movies So Bad They Are Good
"Fateful Findings" was the first one I watched. I'm not sure if I'm biased but I think that one's the funniest so far. I also watched "Pass Thru" and "Double Down", but I haven't seen "Twisted Pair" or "I Am Here... Now" yet.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// IdeasIdea Central //
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[+] 1 user Likes addiesin's post
Kull the Conqueror......Kevin Sorbo....'nuff said  Smile
[+] 2 users Like DigModiFicaTion's post
I think I agree with Frink.  When I think of "So Bad It's Good" movies, I think of films that were playing it straight and didn't know that audiences would react the way they did.

I feel like there needs to be a different category for movies that absolutely knew they were venturing into cheese territory, and leaned into it.  Maybe they'd be Cheesy-Good Movies?

(10-21-2012, 04:26 PM)Neglify Wrote: Obvious ones:

Point Break

The Last Dragon

I think they knew exactly what they were making with those last two, I'd call them Cheesy-Good.

(10-21-2012, 06:35 PM)g1orkatsos Wrote: -Battlefield Earth. Stupid, stuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid movie, but quite fun. Travolta's over the top performance is so enjoyable

This would definitely be in the "So Bad It's Good" territory, because I don't think they knew what they were making.  Except that this movie was horrible, just horrible.  I couldn't even enjoy how horrible it was.

(10-22-2012, 12:50 PM)Neglify Wrote: A Fistful of Yen

A Fistful of Yen is a parody, right?  Aren't they aiming for cheese?

(10-26-2012, 12:04 PM)g1orkatsos Wrote: Riki-oh: The story of Ricky

This one, too, I think they absolutely knew how cheesy they were being, and they leaned into it hard.  I think they accomplished what they were going for in spectacular fashion, so I'd just call it Cheesy-Good.

Maybe some other So-Bad-They're-Good films...?

Conan the Destroyer

The Ice Pirates

The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai

I doubt anyone will have heard of this one, as it's fairly obscure even in Japan.  If you don't understand Japanese then unfortunately I don't know where you can see the film or trailer, but as the images above indicate, this movie is out there.  Read up on it if you're brave.
Webmaster for www.nottheacademy.com, Movie Articles, Lists, and Reviews...Come join us!
[+] 1 user Likes mnkykungfu's post
(07-16-2019, 08:51 PM)Duragizer Wrote:

Y'all need to watch it. Now.

Oh my god, this looks fantastic.  Thanks for sharing.
Webmaster for www.nottheacademy.com, Movie Articles, Lists, and Reviews...Come join us!
[+] 1 user Likes mnkykungfu's post