• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, The - Dime Novel

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the most impressive firstling edit I have seen so far. Instead of going for a flashy, trendy & popular movie to edit dubmecrazy has taken an overlooked critical darling and made it more palatable to the common man.Andrew Dominik's "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" is a beautifully flawed movie. It's terrifically acted, excellently directed, the music is fantastic, but it is so slow that it's hard to sit through it multiple times. dubmecrazy's fanedit completely fixes that issue with a shorter, more to-the-point version that keeps the story focused on what it needs to be focused on. I was so happy that you cut out the drawn out ending. I enjoyed every second of this edit as it unfolded.That being said there are a couple minor issues with the quality. Firstly, it's in 2.0 stereo and not 5.1, so a point was deducted there. Second, the picture quality isn't the best for a SL DVD. It's nowhere near terrible, but it definitely could have looked better. Lastly, there was 1 or 2 abrupt fades that could have been improved. Nothing too drastic though, so only 1 point lost on the editing score.Enough with the numbers.This edit is highly recommended.

More...

Back
Top Bottom