• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Cuts

t528491

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
14y1lad.jpg

This edit likes sand.

Faneditor Name
t528491
Original Movie Title
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Genre
Science Fiction
Franchise
Star Wars
Fanedit Type
FanFix
Original Release Date
Fanedit Release Date
October 2012
Original Running Time
142 minutes
Fanedit Running Time
118 minutes
Time Cut
25 minutes
Time Added
1 minute

Synopsis
The most important change is the relationship between Anakin and Padme. No longer is the relationship plagued by inane dialogue and half-hearted deliveries. The romance (and the movie as a whole) is now much more mature and believable. C3PO and R2D2's appearances have been greatly minimized, and certain scenes that served no purpose have been removed.

Intention
This edit's intention is to be a darker and less juvenile movie than the original. Since the Phantom Mending ended on a dark note, I felt that this movie should continue that foreboding atmosphere. It now serves as a fitting transition from the first to the third chapter of the prequels.

Technical Info
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

Release Information
4GB HD M4V

Cutlist
Cut all of Corde's lines
Cut Typho's bad dialogue
Cut Jar Jar's lines
Cut Padme comparing Anakin to a child
Slimmed down Anakin and Obi-Wan's disagreement
Cut Anakin whining to Jar Jar
Cut Jango's conversation with Zam
Cut Anakin's creeper dialogue
Padme now reacts more quickly to the Kouhuns
Reworked entire chase sequence. No poodoo moments, power couplings, or "witty" quips, and Anakin's jump is more believable
Removed obvious cameos in the bar
Cut "TELL US NOW"
"Kamino System" has been added as a subtitle
Cut Yoda/Obi-Wan/Mace scene
Cut Padme's conversation with Jar Jar
Cut Anakin whining about Obi-Wan
Cut Dex's diner
Cut Yoda and the Younglings
Reinserted Obi-Wan/Mace deleted scene
Cut Padme's scene with the Queen
Cut Padme's cringe-worthy dialogue at the lake
Cut Padme pulling away from Anakin during their kiss
Cut meadow scene
Cut dinner scene
Moved the fireside scene to before the Jango scene
Minimized Boba's dialogue
Trimmed Watto scenen
Made various cuts in the Jango/Obi-Wan chase
Cut 3PO's "the maker" line for continuity
Cut badly animated aliens in the separatist council
Cut random "NOOOOOO" in Yoda's vision sequence
Made multiple cuts in the Anakin/Padme scene on Tatooine
Cut scene in Palpatine's office
Cut Jar Jar nominating Palpatine
Removed any trace of R2 or 3PO outside the ship
Reworked droid factory sequence so that Anakin saves Padme with the force
Cut "Obi-Wan's gonna kill me"
Cut "truly, deeply"
Cut "she seems to be on top of things"
Made a TON of cuts during the whole battle sequence, including no 3PO or R2, no cringe-worthy Padme/Anakin exchanges, and an overall tightening of pace
Cut "aim above the fuel cells"
Cut some of the most obviously green-screened Dooku speeder bike shots
Cut "we've got to get to that hangar"
Trimmed Dooku attempting to kill Obi-Wan
Trimmed the lightsaber light show
Cut Yoda screaming like a maniac
Cut most of Yoda's flips

Cover art
The following link includes the main artwork, DVD artwork, and Blu-ray artwork.
https://images.fanedit.org/fanedits_coverart/t528491/attack_of_the_cuts/t528491_AOTC_Art.rar

This edit will be available on INFO via Mediafire. For now, PM me for the DLC file link.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is great, I'll try to watch and review this the first chance I get! :)

t528491

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, crap. My Mediafire account just got suspended. So both this and my Phantom Mending edit are down. I'll see if I can find an alternate means of posting this.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
t528491 said:
Well, crap. My Mediafire account just got suspended. So both this and my Phantom Mending edit are down. I'll see if I can find an alternate means of posting this.

Dammit! I'm glad I still have the Phantom Mending mp4 though! Where are you thinking of uploading this by the way?

t528491

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's uploading on Rapidshare right now, so I should have the links available by the end of the day.

t528491

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rapidshare is taking forever. :-o I'll have this available for request tomorrow at least.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool. i'm downloading right now. Hope to give you my first reactions tommorow.

t528491

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have the Rapidshare DLC available now. PM me if you want it.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching it. First of all, the pacing is far better than other edits I've seen. Unfortunately, there was bad dialogue that needed to be cut. An example would be the fireplace scene. I beleive that acene should be kept in edits, however the scene needs a little bit heavier editing. It was hard to believe dialogue from that scene was kept in when better dialogue from Obi and Anakin was being cut, howver much of it was narrative based, so I'm okay with it. Sad to say, there were some edits that were not lining up visually, such as at the landing platform with Mace and Obi. Narrative wise, however, your edit was great and most of the time agreeded with what I like. I'm giving this a 9/10, because of some minor editing issues and weird dialogue cuts. This is a very good edit, and certainly the same quality of your TPM edit.
Good Job! :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't forget to leave a review at IFDB. You can give ratings to different aspects to the edit. Go here.

t528491

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I appreciate the feedback. Would it be possible to make a list of all of the bad dialogue and awkward cuts? That way, I can have another perspective on what works and what doesn't.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sure, I only posted this immediately after I finished watching, so I didn't have time to list everything. Let me get back...

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to say that all the cuts I thought were awkward were too minor for most people to notice. But I shouldn't expect a 100% perfect edit.

In terms of the dialogue, I found that your choices were really all narative focused. However, I reccomend cutting the fireplace scene like I do in my edit.
Note, that the audio is still very rough. Noetheless, the visual cuts and dialogue arragement was complex.

t528491

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks good. I'll be interested in seeing your edit when it's released.

Like you said, most of my choices were narrative based, rather than line-by-line based. So certain lines with not-so-great deliveries have been left in since I believe they're important to the overall storytelling.

I tried to go back and tweak the platform scene, but I can't think of any other way to do it, since I want to remove any reference to Anakin's "emotional attachment." :-o I've actually spent waaayyy more time on this edit than TPM, so I think I'm done for now.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry I haven't been able to watch this yet. I'll get to it sometime this week.

Top Bottom