• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Shows that you love that should have ended loooooooong ago

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In spirit of emphatic's thread i am going on the other side of the table about shows you love that are still/were going past their prime, and are now considered just a shadow of their former self and basically are on life support for whatever reason and won't/wouldn't just die with some dignity left in them.
For me it has to be Smallville. At first it was a cool show but it just kept going and going.... An easily 4 season series was dragged on to 10 with all that stupid monster of the week episodes and other various pointless crap.
How I Met Your Mother is another one. Damn, how much is this thing going to drag on??? Those kids are going to get gray hair before they actually learn about their mother.
Also all the CSI series. Those should have been killed years ago. no dignity left to them. at least Miami actually ended.
Two and a Half Men is also on life support for me. Its not even funny anymore.
There are more but those are the ones that come to my mind right now

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The office (u.s.) was good from season 2 till Jim and Pam got married, then it devolved into a bunch of lunatic caricatures who barely resemble the quirky everyman cast i had come to love.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Definitely agree about How I Met Your Mother and The Office US.

g1orkatsos said:
Two and a Half Men is also on life support for me. Its not even funny anymore.

Wait, when was this show ever funny?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Wait, when was this show ever funny?
I meant that the whole crap that is going on with the show still. like killing your main character in such a lame stuuuuuuuuuuuupid way, and adding aston cusher out of fucking nowhere (who doesnt fit at all). Thats just sad and pathetic.
I though it was enjoyable in the very first few seasons

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never watched Two And A Half Men when Charlie Sheen was on. I'd catch a bit here and there if I was having supper and nothing else was on but I'd never tune in for it. It just didn't seem funny. When I heard that Ashton Kutcher was going to replace Sheen I decided to take a look and see how he did. I ended up really liking the show and watch every week.

BTW, may I direct your attention here.

EyeShotFirst

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Married With Children went on too long. Pretty much never really did anything in the 90's that it didn't do in the 80's. I still watched it and enjoyed it, but it got kind of stale.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How has no one mentioned The Simpsons yet?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

1) g1or has only seen 3 episodes so he didn't know to add it.
2) We were waiting for you to have the honor.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
X-Files! Should have ended around seasons 6 or 7. :p

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

I still really enjoy The Simpsons, although I feel like Family Guy should be off the air. I still like the show, but they do put on the occasional stinker. The show just isn't as funny as it used to be.

bionicbob said:
X-Files! Should have ended around seasons 6 or 7. :p

Definitely agree with you there. Looking at the episode titles I can't even recognize any of the 8th season episodes based on title alone. I stopped watching during the 9th season. I recorded the series finale when it aired because I did want to see that but I wasn't home. I then completely forgot about that I had recorded it and only discovered it while looking for a blank tape months later. :lol: And what a very disappointing series finale it was. Maybe that should be a thread all its own. "Series Finales That Sucked" :lol:

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heroes. Didn't love it, but it was fun. Then...things got awkward.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nip/Tuck after season 4 it pretty much went to hell.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Supernatural
Shameless (UK)
The Office
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Stargate SG1
Chuck
CSI
Prison Break

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Family Guy never should have made it past episode 1.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll have to disagree about Chuck. That show could have gone on forever so long as Yvonne was on.

Top Bottom