• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Feanor Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally watched the completed version. I have seen two previous versions on the way to the final product, and I've been quite excited about how it would turn out, as I like a lot of what Mukankakuna tries to do.In the end, I'm pretty happy. Not totally convinced that I won't ever finish my own version of the film, but this comes the closest so far to the vision that I have myself.Video - very nice indeed. and no little quirks anywhere. Great quality in general.Narrative - the most important part.Rohan - massive improvement, very good story editing around all the characters here. Ents - best edited "ents-decide-to-go-to-war" that anyone has produced, and way better than my own version.Sam and Frodo, mostly good changes, but much of the story is intact here. Faramir - wow, bold and interesting choices that give us a feeling for the character without him really saying much at all. I'm not so fond of the release taking part in a city setting where Sam is carrying a backpack, because 'huh? How did they get there?'Quibbles: "They will flee to Helm's Deep" is a very short part with Saruman/Grima and then we jump to Fangorn and then on again. The flow of the story suffered here, and it doesn't match the flow of the rest of the movie.The horse charge down the bridge is still there and I dislike it a lot.There were some quick audio changes during the assault on Helm's Deep. Those are hard to get to. It worked fine.Erm, something more I'm sure, but nothing that really matters.I recommend this to just about everyone. It does so much right in how it presents the story and the characters in it. It is the version I would watch again if I'm going to see TTT.Have to look at what he is doing with RotK...Great job!

More...

Top Bottom