• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Music Mashups

tehwallaby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In my experience, Biggie improves everything.

Girl Talk already got a mention, but I'd be remiss if I didn't add wait what to the mix (pun intended).

plurmonger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I freakin' love mashups! They don't always work, but when they do, it can be so great. This is one of my favorites:

[video=youtube_share;fLrzo8MT2VQ]

There's also a terrific mashup of "Sexual Healing" and NIN's "Closer" that works both musically and thematically that I can't seem to track down online anymore to share with y'all. It's called "Up Close and Sexual" by Mixomatosis.

And this one works so well, it's ridiculous:

[video=youtube_share;qoQLYVtPj-g]

And then sometimes they just make me laugh:

[video=youtube_share;zb-irQdcysk]

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sowndhaus DJ DAW-Gun has made some of my favorite mashups, including:

Love Butterfly (Lady Gaga vs. Crazy Town)
Oh My Yeah (Usher vs Yello)
Cheerleader Centerfold (Omi vs. J. Geils Band)

But my favorite mashup to date has got to be his Don't You Forget American Boy (Estelle and Kanye West vs Simple Minds). I have very little patience for anything Kanye, but damn is that one amazing track. If you all check out one song from this post, I urge you to check out that one. (All these mashups are available at the above link.)

And here's my other favorite mashup, MadMixMustang's Elvis/Simple Minds collaboration "Simplicious Minds":

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, here's a hell of a pop earworm:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points

lol, or how to ruin a perfectly good Boston song

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here are two favourites of mine:

EDIT: And a new discovery :D

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[video=dailymotion]
[video=dailymotion]

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I made this a couple years ago. Don't know how good it sounds, 'cause I didn't have good earphones then and don't have good earphones now.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Cat Disco – We Will Rock Your High Hopes (Queen vs. Michael Jackson vs. Panic At The Disco)

eea15391-d084-41ef-afa6-fe7c0a2805ab.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have an idea for a mashup of R.E.M.'s It's the End of the World as we Know It and Linkin Park's In the End. Problem is, I can't find a good enough audio editor for my phone, and I don't have access to my computer right now. Perhaps I'll be able to get around to it this weekend.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Owl City - Fireflies, But It's Eye of the Tiger By Survivor

:s

:s

:D

Untitled.jpg

Top Bottom