• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ant-Man (2015)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently some artist was at Comic Con when they showed the Ant-Man test footage, and he made this slide-show reconstruction based of his memory of it. Its a very rough representation but you get some idea on what's coming

Here's the actual test footage (or rather a site that has an embedded video where you can at least watch the footage) in case anyone really wants to see. It's very well made and definitively answers the whole "How could someone called Ant Man be cool?" line of questioning. http://ap2hyc.com/?p=3815

And it seems that Paul Rudd is officially going to be good old Pym. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112721 I'm really excited about this, Paul Rudd is one of my favorite actors and Edgar Wright has yet to make a film I haven't both seen and loved. I think Marvel thinks they have their second RDJ in Rudd, but time will tell.

...Any chance of renaming this thread to just "Ant Man"?

Unless Hank Pym actually does end up creating Ultron somehow, because Edgar Wright says he wants Ant Man to be a redemption story, I'm hoping he actually plays Scott Lang. Would give him a nice, darker edge.

While I like Rudd, I wish they had cast a non-white actor in the role. These films are white enough. The new Avengers will have at least eight white-hero protagonists with absolutely zero minority heroes.

Fury doesn't count. His character adds nothing to the narrative.

Redstar said:
While I like Rudd, I wish they had cast a non-white actor in the role. These films are white enough. The new Avengers will have at least eight white-hero protagonists with absolutely zero minority heroes.

Fury doesn't count. His character adds nothing to the narrative.

If the character himself is white why not hire a white actor? The problem isn't that there's too many white people playing superheroes, it's that there's not enough non-white superheroes.

Frantic Canadian said:
If the character himself is white why not hire a white actor? The problem isn't that there's too many white people playing superheroes, it's that there's not enough non-white superheroes.

I really don't like this type of thinking. If someone tries out for a role and their good in it,they should get the part, regardless of race. Remember when people through a fit over Idris Elba playing Heimdall (a white character) in Thor, and he turned out amazing? Speaking of:

just to add Michael B. Jordon (a black actor) is being strongly linked regards to playing johnny storm in the FF4 reboot

Nic said:
I really don't like this type of thinking. If someone tries out for a role and their good in it,they should get the part, regardless of race.
Agreed on that up to a certain point. Sure I agree with you, i don't care if a character is being played by an actor of different race as long as they fit the part. I never saw Heimdall as a bad choice at all (he is an alien god basically, he can look whatever the heck he wants), and i wouldn't mind characters changing to whatever race as long as the actors are good for that role.
But when it comes to characters that are tied to specific cultures or eras for example, either being white, black, asian or whatever, i wanna see an actor of that race represent the character, as in that case, race is important to the story. For example, the Last Airbender movie, a world closely tied to asian culture, had white actors playing the parts which felt to me wrong, as it wasn't fitting to that particular story.
What i am trying to say is that i wouldn't mind at all some asian or black guy playing ant-man, but i wouldn't want a black or white guy playing a samurai in an ancient Japanese movie.

I have no problem with them casting black actors as white superheroes, none at all, but to decide that they're going to only audition black actors for a superhero that's always been white is a little strange. (wait maybe Dr. Strange should be black?) Anyway I think Paul Rudd is a good choice but I too hope that Earth's mightiest heroes gains some worldly diversity sometime soon.

On a similar note, the sooner they make a Black Panther movie, the better.

Also Michael B. Jordan is a great actor, casting in in F4 would make me actually want to see that movie.

Also I read Don Cheadle is going to be in Avengers 2. We'll see if he play War Machine or not. Also, Falcon (a black superhero) is in Cap 2, we'll see if he shows up in any Avengers pics.

Also g1 makes a great point.

Yeah, I agree with casting if the story is ingrained in a certain culture, like if there were a story where that Nazis recruited Victor Frankenstein to make soldiers for them, of course the monster would be a blue-eyed, blonde haired white guy, but if they're aliens or something, it doesn't matter what ethnicity the actor playing the guy is (one of the reasons I didn't get too worked up about Goku being white in the live-action dragon ball film was because Goku doesn't belong to any earth ethnicity. Not to say I'm not up for, let's say, a Native American Superman in film one day, but still).

Anyway, to bring this thread back to Ant Man, am I the only one dying for a cameo from Simon Peg, maybe as Hank Pym so he can pass the mantle to Paul Rudd's Scott Lang? Come to think of it, if it is Hank Pym who's the star of the film, will they incorporate his other alter egos? In the comics, Hank's been known as Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Goliath, Yellow Jacket. I'm hoping that they do like the recent Avengers cartoon and allow Hank to have access to both his Ant-Man and Giant-Man powers to switch back and forth and avoid confusion.

i vote for uncanny as ant-man.

I think Ant Man (the film) should just have the shrinking powers, save the growing powers for the sequel, GiAnt Man. i can see the marketing now, the trailer plays and "ANT MAN" shows on screen, slightly skewed just right of the center of the screen. Slowly the "GI" fades in on the left, allowing three text to appear centered. It'll be beautiful, trust me lol.

What the hell… that's amazing!

That's such an odd and weird choice... The last person i had on my mind for this. Not that i am complaining though! Me likey!

Wow, hugely surprising. I guess principal photography hasn't quite started...

Regardless, I trust Feige and Marvel Studios more than I do Wright, whose epileptic Scott Pilgrim gave me a headache that dissuaded me from watching the whole thing. Given the subject matter and the fact that the script is presumably pretty much locked, I have faith that the finished film will be distinctive without being obnoxious.

Back
Top Bottom