• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Haunted From Childhood: The Katie Featherston Story

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Original Film Name: Paranormal Activity 3
New Film Name: Haunted From Childhood: The Katie Featherston Story
Film Studio Name: Paramount
Film Release Date: 2011
Original Runtime: 94 minutes
Fanedit Release Date: October 2012
New Runtime: 77 minutes
Amount of time cut/added: 17 minutes

Brief Synopsis:

If you've seen The Haunted World Of Katie Featherston and think you know the whole story, think again. Now, thanks to recently discovered VHS footage, thought to be lost for over 20 years, learn how it really all began.

Intention:

To trim the fat by getting rid of the scenes that were added just to pad the running time. If it doesn't help the paranormal story along, it's out.

Cuts:

- Cut opening scene with Kristi painting the nursery while her husband films.
- Cut "robbery" scene from Paranormal Activity 2.
- Cut Dennis pranking Randy.
- Cut taking pictures in driveway before "Picture Day".
- Cut Dennis and Randy watching wedding footage and making fun of the girl on the tape.
- Dennis filming Julie smoking dope and acting stupid.
- Dennis asking Julie if he can film them having sex, she says yes.
- Cut Dennis checking on Katie and Kristi in the tent and telling them goodnight.
- Cut Night #5, nothing happens.
- Cut Dennis filming Katie on the trampoline and asking her if she's sure she didn't sneak into the house
the previous night.
- Cut end credits.

Release Details:

NTSC DVD5, Anamorphic widescreen, 5.1 sound, English subtitles

Software Used:

DVDFab, TMPGEnc DVD Author 3

Special Thanks:

I would like to thank Whispers for putting the idea into my head to edit this film. I had originally wanted to create an extended cut, but when they failed to include any deleted, alternate, or extended scenes on the DVD or Blu-Ray I gave up on the idea of editing it. But then Whispers came along with his idea of a 3-in-1 edit and mentioned that he'd also be interested in a standalone edit if I were to make one, and that inspired me to go back and take a look and see if I could trim it down like I did with my Paranormal Activity 1 edit. I would also like to thank Neglify for his interest in the project, and Rogue-theX for creating the artwork.

Additional Notes:

To give this film more of a VHS feel, since it takes place in 1988 and is supposed to have been shot on VHS, I didn't include any menus. The movie will start as soon as you pop the disc into your DVD player.

Edit available via Mediafire, PM for links.

Artwork:
Original:
originalwi.jpg

Damaged:
damaged.jpg

Disc art:
vhs3.jpg

Thanks for the cheap plug Frantic lol.... I'll pipe in with my two cents after I watch the edit... Looking forward to this one as your last paranormal edit was well done and did exactly what it was set out to do.......

Well if it hadn't been for you plugging my edit in your thread I probably wouldn't have gone back and taken a look to see if I could accomplish the same thing as I did with my first PA edit. So credit where credit is due. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Watched this last night.

And did not sleep a wink afterwards!:oops::behindsofa:

Why oh why do I do this to myself? :shock:

I really enjoy the Paranormal Activity films and eagerly look forward to Part 4 later this month. I find them to be well designed and executed flicks that scare the crap out of me. Again, I ask, why do I do this to myself. Maybe that is a question for my therapist... LOL!

Anyway, FC's edit is technically well executed. It maintains the found footage feel and loses none of the story, while getting to the scares much faster.

My only issue with the edit, with it having no menus, the dvd automatically started playing in subtitle mode, so it took me forever to find the right button on my dvd remote to turn them off.

Otherwise, a good solid scary movie.

Thanks for the fun FC.

Now maybe I will get some sleep tonight.:D

is natalie portman in this edit?

Thanks for the review Bob, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the subtitles issue I'm not sure what to say. I watched the edit a couple of times on my PC, and then again on my DVD player once I had it burnt to disc, and not once did it start with the subtitles on. Whispers also didn't mention anything about that when he PM'd me to tell me that he had watched it. If anybody else watches it please let us know if the movie starts with the subtitles automatically on.

Frantic Canadian said:
Thanks for the review Bob, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the subtitles issue I'm not sure what to say. I watched the edit a couple of times on my PC, and then again on my DVD player once I had it burnt to disc, and not once did it start with the subtitles on. Whispers also didn't mention anything about that when he PM'd me to tell me that he had watched it. If anybody else watches it please let us know if the movie starts with the subtitles automatically on.

No biggie. Probably just an issue with my blu-ray player.

The fact the edit still scared me so much I needed fresh underwear, speaks volumes that your edit still works!;-)

I appreciate that Bob. :) And if you plan on getting any sleep tonight I wouldn't follow it up with a viewing of my first Paranormal Activity edit. ;)

Frantic Canadian said:
I appreciate that Bob. :) And if you plan on getting any sleep tonight I wouldn't follow it up with a viewing of my first Paranormal Activity edit. ;)

Plus I would have to do laundry first... :lol:

re: the subs, it probably does depend on the player.

TV's Frink said:
re: the subs, it probably does depend on the player.

I thought about that, but I'm not sure how a player would go about automatically turning on the subtitles track. Or even if it's possible. The only time I've ever come across this issue is with Warner Bros. DVD's. For some reason they are the only DVD's that seem to start with the subtitles automatically on. I can't remember if it's all Warner Bros. DVD's, but definitely all the ones that come in snapper cases.

First post updated with cover and disc art. Edit has now been submitted.

Digging the artwork, dude, especially the disc art. To my shame, I haven't even had a chance to watch the first one. As soon as I do, I'll be all over this like cream on a rash.

Rogue is to thank for the artwork. I thought the use of a VHS reel as the disc art would be a nice touch, since the movie is supposed to have been filmed on VHS. You can't pop a VHS tape into a DVD player, so why not the next best thing? :D

If by "first one" you're referring to my first Paranormal Activity edit then just shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to set you up with the links.

I managed to get the first one from the links you first gave me, but I just haven't got around to actually watching it :oops: But thanks for the offer dude. I'm gonna have to watch that one tomorrow with some popcorn and beer :D

Cool. Couldn't remember if I gave you the links for the first one or not. Glad you got them already. Looking forward to hear what you thought of them.

Frantic Canadian said:

I totally forgot to mention that it did infact start with subtitles on for me as well... but I know where the subtitle button is on my remote and just clicked them off and didn't think about it again.... wasn't an issue for me but I'm just a simple man ;-)

Quick tidbit.... If you enjoyed the first Frantic Paranormal Activity edit "The Haunted World Of Katie Featherston" you'll dig this as well... it takes out what isn't needed and gets to the point... great edit of a movie I already really enjoyed.... trimming the fat so to speak definitely makes for a scarier ride...

....also I really like the Damaged VHS cover... I'll need to download that... Great work by Rogue

Well, FC, I've been in a proper horror move mood for the past few weeks, so I'll be watching this, maybe Halloween and Hellraiser all in one sitting :-D

Whispers said:
I totally forgot to mention that it did infact start with subtitles on for me as well... but I know where the subtitle button is on my remote and just clicked them off and didn't think about it again.... wasn't an issue for me but I'm just a simple man ;-)

Hm. Strange. I wonder why it didn't start with the subtitles on for me.

Whispers said:
Quick tidbit.... If you enjoyed the first Frantic Paranormal Activity edit "The Haunted World Of Katie Featherston" you'll dig this as well... it takes out what isn't needed and gets to the point... great edit of a movie I already really enjoyed.... trimming the fat so to speak definitely makes for a scarier ride...

Thanks for the plug/recommendation again. ;) Don't know if I can edit down the second film to leave a coherent story, but if I can it would probably qualify as a Consecution short. :lol:

Whispers said:
....also I really like the Damaged VHS cover... I'll need to download that... Great work by Rogue

Thanks. I thought since the movie is supposed to have been sourced from VHS tapes that were supposedly lost for over 20 years that it only made sense that the artwork be aged/damaged as well. And extra props should be given to Rogue who actually disassembled one of his own VHS tapes for disc art. Now that's dedication!

JetSetWilly said:
Well, FC, I've been in a proper horror move mood for the past few weeks, so I'll be watching this, maybe Halloween and Hellraiser all in one sitting :-D

Definitely a nice line-up. Halloween and Halloween II are my all-time favorite horror movies, although I consider them to be just film since they're basically just one movie split into two parts. Hope you enjoy it. :)

With me, I love horror, but I love psychological horror as well, as it's the evil you CAN'T see which can be as frightening as the horror you can. That's probably one of the reasons why I can't wait for PA4.

Anyway, back on topic:

Watching this, I am. (Yoda I've turned into!)

Back
Top Bottom